Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Fall is around the corner!


In an effort to cheer myself up at the start of the school year I try to get excited about the coziness of decorating for fall. I love the pumpkins, leaves, and the spicy color pallate. I change all the air fresheners to cinnamon and spice flavors and change out the wreath on the front door. I put out the sweet cinnamon pumpkin hand wash and fall themed hand towels in the guest bath and change the beachy themed candle display on the dinning room hutch to a harvest themed display. I baked pumpkin bread for the first time since Christmas last week. I wear bronze colored eye shadow and paint my nails with my fallish bronze/reddish nail polish. I suppose this is my version of what Maria on the Sound of Music would suggest: to focus on the things you like so that the negative parts of life don't seem so bad. Happy fall everyone!

1 comment:

andy and meg said...

Wow. I have to admit, I'm not a fall person, but you just made me one. I love how you decorate not just the looks of your home, but you even decorate with scents and taste as well.

Now, I think I'm gonna go paint my nails and make some pumpkin bread....

Our journey through weight loss, infertility, embryo adoption, parenthood, world travels and everyday life adventures!

Our Most Popular Posts

La Dolce Vida (Italy, Greece, Croatia, and Turkey 2010)

Elizabeth's Weightloss Journey

Body Fat Loss Goal

Start: 38.7% Body Fat at 207.0 lbs = 80.1 lbs of fat
Goal: 33.0% Body Fat by September 1, 2013
----------------------
Wk1: 38.5% at 204.0 = 78.54 lbs of fat (-1.56 lb)
Wk2: 37.8% at 205.5 = 77.68 lbs of fat (-.86 lb)
Wk3: 36.9% at 203.5 = 75.09 lbs of fat (-2.59 lb)
Wk4: 37.3% at 204.0= 76.09 lbs of fat (+1.00 lb)
Wk5: 37.4% at 201.5 =75.36 lbs of fat (-.73 lb)
Wk 6: 37.1% at 199.5 =74.01 lbs of fat (-1.35 lb)
Vacation
Wk 7: 36.2% at 198.0 = 71.6 lbs of fat
Wk 8: 36.7 at 196.0 = 71.9 lbs of fat
Wk 10: 35.9 at 198 = 71.0 lbs of fat
Took a break for FET#4....
Wk 11: 36.2% at 194.5 = 70.4lbs of fat
Wk 12 (September 1st):

Our Adoption Journey

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

background