Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Still trying to induce...

Well what can I say, I have a very stubborn cervix.  They have been trying for the past 36 hours to get it open with gel and pills.  I just received my 8th dose.  The good news is that with the help of medication they have been able to safely stabilize my blood pressure and baby girl is looking really good.  This gives us time to work on my cervix rather than rush to a c-section.   I have an IV with three meds, take an oral blood pressure medicine, get blood drawn every 6 hrs, a blood pressure cuff for regulated checks, a cathiter, and belly monitors for baby's heartbeat and my contractions.  Even with all that it hasn't been too bad being in the hospital.  I am resting, visiting with family, and looking forward to meeting our girl. Once in a while I hear a loud baby crying and I know a mom in another room down the hall has just delivered.  I am excited for my turn soon!  We may have to wait days rather than hours for the cervix to cooperate.  We shall see...

FYI: Several nurses have commented on how patient I am.  Oh if they only knew how short a few days is in the whole scheme of things.  I know many of you out there know exactly how I feel!

11 comments:

Diane said...

So close! I've been thinking about you all day. Thanks for the update. Praying it goes quickly once it all starts!

Lara said...

Thinking positive thoughts for you. My cervix was uncooperative too.

Ashley said...

Love the comment about being patient! So true! Hope you're able to get some sleep while you're in there. Continuing to pray for you.

Geri said...

I miss you! I have been praying for you and will continue to pray for a safe delivery. :)

Krisa said...

Thanks for the update. I've been checking throughout the day. What a wonderful testimony of patience you'll have to share! Praying for you all.

Ginny said...

I'm thinking about you! :)

Koren Leggett said...

Leggetts are still praying with you Shacks! So excited for the prize at the end of this journey. And really loving the report of how you're letting God's peace shine right through you the whole time! He is soooo good!

Love, hugs and prayers :)

Jen said...

Please keep the updates coming!!! Super excited for you!!! Just a little bit longer!!!

Christina said...

Glad your BP is under control and I'm sure it is a little frustrating that your cervix isn't cooperating, but at least this gives baby a few extra days for lungs to mature and such. Rest up and hang in there!

RShaef said...

Oh, my goodness. Praying, praying, praying.

Erin Fisher said...

Praying for you all! God is good! :)

Our journey through weight loss, infertility, embryo adoption, parenthood, world travels and everyday life adventures!

Our Most Popular Posts

La Dolce Vida (Italy, Greece, Croatia, and Turkey 2010)

Elizabeth's Weightloss Journey

Body Fat Loss Goal

Start: 38.7% Body Fat at 207.0 lbs = 80.1 lbs of fat
Goal: 33.0% Body Fat by September 1, 2013
----------------------
Wk1: 38.5% at 204.0 = 78.54 lbs of fat (-1.56 lb)
Wk2: 37.8% at 205.5 = 77.68 lbs of fat (-.86 lb)
Wk3: 36.9% at 203.5 = 75.09 lbs of fat (-2.59 lb)
Wk4: 37.3% at 204.0= 76.09 lbs of fat (+1.00 lb)
Wk5: 37.4% at 201.5 =75.36 lbs of fat (-.73 lb)
Wk 6: 37.1% at 199.5 =74.01 lbs of fat (-1.35 lb)
Vacation
Wk 7: 36.2% at 198.0 = 71.6 lbs of fat
Wk 8: 36.7 at 196.0 = 71.9 lbs of fat
Wk 10: 35.9 at 198 = 71.0 lbs of fat
Took a break for FET#4....
Wk 11: 36.2% at 194.5 = 70.4lbs of fat
Wk 12 (September 1st):

Our Adoption Journey

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

background