. . .was not the answer Dan and I were praying we would get after waiting seven years to become parents but this is indeed the news we received today. My blood test confirmed what I had known these past few days; we lost both of our babies. Adoption and infertility are both journeys and this is one of the painful and sad moments in our journey. But it is not just about Dan and I. Yes, today we once again lost out on the opportunity to be parents but our babies lost out on a chance to experience life. I miss them and I didn't even know them. They and baby Shack that we lost at six weeks in 2008 are the only children we have ever known. Dan and I revere life at its most basic form (a small cluster of human cells) which is why we felt so drawn to embryo adoption. I mourn them and I mourn the loss of the opportunity to mother them and provide them a loving home.
Tomorrow we will meet with our FET Dr. and decide what to do next. We still have two more adopted embies in cryogenic storage waiting for a chance at life and we are committed to give them that opportunity. I am not sure when that will happen just yet.
Thank you for praying for our embies and for us. Dan and I have chosen to share our story for many reasons and one of those reasons is so that when we go through really tough days like today we have a community to come around us and build us back up with encouragement, kindness, and prayer. Thank you friends.
 |
| One last look at our precious baby Shacks. I am glad we have this picture to remember them by. |
25 comments:
My heart literally hurts for you both. I so wanted the answer to be 'yes'... that this was going to be the beginning of your journey as parents.
I do not know why God has allowed this to happen, but I know that He can provide a peace and comfort that surpasses our understanding. And this is what I'm praying now for you.
I hope you know how much you both are loved. Please take what ever time you need to get through this and know that I'm always here for you.
Much, MUCH love to you both.
praying for you Elizabeth. Rachel asked me to start praying and I will. Know that I think of you and will keep following your journey. I wish you and Dan comfort in this time. Lots of love to you girlfriend.
I know the pain and I also know that there are no words to say, so I will simply say "I"m so very sorry." :(
I'm so sorry, Elizabeth. My prayers are with you right now.
You know I am here for you any way I can be. I wuv you!
I'm so sorry Elizabeth. Praying for you both.
I am so very sorry to hear this.
I know that this is really hard and sad for you and that you are grieving heavily right now. Feel what you need to feel and don't feel guilty about the anger. It's okay to get angry. But, try your very best to remember that this transfer was not successful because of you. You are worthy of motherhood. Please believe that. Sadly, only about 50% of all embryos have the genetic material that they need to become babies. I know that hearing that doesn't change things for you right now, but I just wanted to remind you that even though this is a loss, you beautiful and you are deserving of the gift of motherhood.
Thinking of you and DH.
I am so very sorry to hear this. {{{HUGS}}} Praying for you and your hubby as you mourn your little embies.
Sending prayers and hugs your way....
I'm so sorry for your loss :(
I am so very sorry and saddened to hear this news. But I love your outlook -- not yet could very well just be the answer God has given you. He has a perfect plan for you. The hardest part is waiting for Him to give us that perfect gift at the perfect time. May you know today that He is working on your behalf.
I'm so sorry!!!
Oh Elizabeth,
I can't tell you how sad we are for your entire family. :( And while it must be so hard to share such hard news, I admire the fact that you do. It's obvious how many people are loving you, encouraging, praying and will one day cheer with you during this whole process.
We are praying for peace and hope for you all today and thank you again for sharing...
~Sara
So sorry for your loss. Praying for you.
Your family is in my thoughts and prayers. I've been praying for you these past couple weeks and was saddend to wake up and read this news. I often question God since pateince is not a virtue I possess (which I'm learning :)) all the while knowing that I shouldn't as He knows His plan for us, even when we don't! Jesus Christ teaches us there is purpose in periods of waiting (this, I am still learning); days, months and even years of waiting. I think of this verse when I have difficulty dealing with the 'waiting' for things in my life... "And not only so, but let us have joy in our troubles: in the knowledge that trouble gives us the power of waiting. And waiting gives experience; and experience, hope: and hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out His love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us." Romans 5:4-5
I'm so sorry for your loss.
Your family is in my thoughts and prayers. I've been praying for you these past couple weeks and was saddend to wake up and read this news. I often question God since pateince is not a virtue I possess (which I'm learning :)) all the while knowing that I shouldn't as He knows His plan for us, even when we don't! Jesus Christ teaches us there is purpose in periods of waiting (this, I am still learning); days, months and even years of waiting. I think of this verse when I have difficulty dealing with the 'waiting' for things in my life... "And not only so, but let us have joy in our troubles: in the knowledge that trouble gives us the power of waiting. And waiting gives experience; and experience, hope: and hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out His love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us." Romans 5:4-5
I'm so sorry for your loss.
I'm so sorry.
I am so sorry to hear. I will be remembering you guys in prayer.
I'm so sorry that these little lives didn't make it here. You have an amazing attitude although you are hurting! I'm praying for you both as you go thru this and move forward! Hugs!
You have been and will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. Love you.
I'm so, so sorry... ((hugs))
oh guys, we are so sorry for your loss. it's a very challenging walk you are on. we are praying with you and know that God will carry you through.
lots of very far away hugs ((((( )))))
I am so sorry, Elizabeth & Dan.
my love to you both, friend. You will be amazing parents. Keep up your amazing patience, perserverence, and loving. Sending my hugs and prayers. Anna
We love you Shacks and mourn with you in this. The way you're walking through all this in community and with your hope in your Lord is beautiful. Waiting to see what our Lord is doing and will do in your lives... Ps. 27:13-14
Post a Comment