Monday, November 14, 2011

Lena's First Week Home!

"My name is Lena and I am this big!"
Early last Tuesday morning we got a call from the NICU.  The neonatalogist wanted to let us know that he was happy with the progress that Lena had made in the last few days and was writing her discharge papers!  My emotions were all over the place.  I was excited that Lena was coming home but I was so nervous that we would mess her up.  Dan was great.  In my insecurity he reminded me that we knew how to change her and feed her and God would help us take care of the rest.  As each day has passed this week Dan and I have gotten more and more comfortable caring for little miss Lena.  On Thursday we went to our mother well baby appointment at St. Jude and Lena had already gained three ounces since she came home with us on Tuesday morning.  It was a nice affirmation that we were doing all the right things so far.  My blood pressure was still incredibly high and the swelling quite bad so I had to rush over to the OB office to see Dr. B.  He doubled my medication and ordered me on bed rest for a week.  I am to do nothing but rest, attend my Dr. appointments, and care for Lena.  On Friday we met Lena's new pediatrician for the first time and again we were blessed with a great report on little Lena.  The doctors are all in agreement that while Lena is small she is incredibly healthy and for that we are sooooo thankful.  Lena has beat great odds to be born into this world.  Her little life is a miracle and her story will never cease to amaze me. 

Me and miss Lena in the special rocking chair.

Pop does a great job feeding his little "peanut".

12 comments:

Diane said...

She's so little! I so glad to hear she is doing well.

Anonymous said...

I love hearing the updates! She's so adorable-- what a cute caption under the first photo. =) You look wonderful, Mama!

--Melinda

Jen said...

So happy for you!!! Thanks for the update... I've been checking!!! Enjoy every minute!!!

Tina said...

You are glowing! We are so happy for you!

Ginny said...

She is too adorable! You make a beautiful family. I am overjoyed for you all. :)

Ashley said...

She is so precious! Praying for you and your blood pressure issues. Keep the pictures coming!

Christina said...

Isn't it great to be home?! She is such a cutie! I do hope your blood pressure improves - are you feeling okay otherwise?

Britney said...

yay lena! you've got one tough cookie there!

Melody Lietzau said...

Yes she is a little miracle. I just Love seeing her in both of your arms. What an incredible story of faith and patience. God is so good.

RShaef said...

So excited to see you guys, hopefully very soon!

Laura said...

So glad to hear about Lena's first week!

Pat Orr said...

It's zero days to go day! Way to get here for Thanksgiving Lena.

Our journey through weight loss, infertility, embryo adoption, parenthood, world travels and everyday life adventures!

Our Most Popular Posts

La Dolce Vida (Italy, Greece, Croatia, and Turkey 2010)

Elizabeth's Weightloss Journey

Body Fat Loss Goal

Start: 38.7% Body Fat at 207.0 lbs = 80.1 lbs of fat
Goal: 33.0% Body Fat by September 1, 2013
----------------------
Wk1: 38.5% at 204.0 = 78.54 lbs of fat (-1.56 lb)
Wk2: 37.8% at 205.5 = 77.68 lbs of fat (-.86 lb)
Wk3: 36.9% at 203.5 = 75.09 lbs of fat (-2.59 lb)
Wk4: 37.3% at 204.0= 76.09 lbs of fat (+1.00 lb)
Wk5: 37.4% at 201.5 =75.36 lbs of fat (-.73 lb)
Wk 6: 37.1% at 199.5 =74.01 lbs of fat (-1.35 lb)
Vacation
Wk 7: 36.2% at 198.0 = 71.6 lbs of fat
Wk 8: 36.7 at 196.0 = 71.9 lbs of fat
Wk 10: 35.9 at 198 = 71.0 lbs of fat
Took a break for FET#4....
Wk 11: 36.2% at 194.5 = 70.4lbs of fat
Wk 12 (September 1st):

Our Adoption Journey

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

background