Dan and I received a call from Snowflakes this morning. Our coordinator told us that our donor family cannot bring themselves to sign the contract and they have called the adoption off. They know they don't want more children, they know they want to adopt the embryos, they know Dan and I would be great parents but signing the contract is too emotionally difficult for them right now and they don't want to hold us back any longer.
We are sad. We are sad that we will have to wait even longer now to be parents, sad for our donor family who is in such an emotionally difficult situation, sad that they can't bring themselves to do what their heart knows is right, sad for their four embryos that will have to stay frozen even longer. I praise God that our hearts are not bitter about this bad news and please join us in asking God to continue to protect our hearts from that awful dark place. Every time something painful like this happens it gets a little harder the next time something good happens to be fully happy.
I have asked our coordinator to let us know if by some miracle our donor family changes their mind and in the meantime she is going to look for a new family to match us with.
Birthday Fun
4 years ago
13 comments:
Sorry to hear this news...Hopefully Snowflakes will find a new match for you guys soon! :)
P.S. And, yes, I'm very sad for those 4 embryos who will have to stay frozen even longer because of the genetic parents' lack of pace. I feel that is selfish on their part.
I am so sorry to hear your news. We will pray for you and the donor family during this sad time.
I am so, so sorry!!! I hope you are matched soon!!!
Hugs!!!
Oh Elizabeth, we are so so sorry for your news today. :( We will for sure be praying for you and Dan, the donor family, your future, etc. Thanks for sharing the updates. I love how you write and am thankful that we can prayerfully join with you on your journey...
Wow- I hate that for you guys! I will be praying that you will be matched very soon and that it will be a quick process. Remember that God is sovereign and is in total control of this situation! Sorry for your extended wait.
Oh, Elizabeth, I am so sorry. I admire your wisdom and purity of heart, and I will continue to offer up prayers. xoxo Anna
I am so sorry, how very disappointing.I hope that you will be matched again very soon.What a dificult time for everyone involved.
SO sorry to hear that. I know that the waiting was agonizing, but I am glad that they communicated it rather than letting it drag out longer than they already have. I am sure that you will be re-matched very soon and that it will make perfect sense when you get to know the new family. This one was just NOT the one for you. If I were you, I would ask Snowflakes that when you are matched with your new family, that they are given a date on which the paperwork should be returned. This is not their standard practice, but out of respect for your situation, I would think that an expected time frame is a reasonable request.
Best of luck, and I am excited that you will be re-matched with a family who is just excited about this new adventure as you are!
Oh, Elizabeth, I'm so sorry. I know this is a huge disappointment for you guys. One adage a dear friend taught me that has been helpful is "Delay is not denial." Keep trusting that your time will come! Hugs to you.
Sorry for this news! I know this is such and emotional process for all & we had some high emotions in our situation too. Take comfort in knowing that God has your babies all picked out and ready for you in his timing. I know waiting STINKS. May he hold you close as you wait!
I'm so sorry to hear this...after all that hoping and waiting! :( You're in our prayers... ((hugs!))
Oh, I am so very saddened to read this. The emotions are like a m/c I bet? That is the first thing that popped into my head as I have had 4. I am praying that your profile gets sent to the next family quickly. We need to pray for the new family's hearts to be softening and prepared for this adoption. (((HUGS)))
Hey, Elizabeth. I was super sad to read this. I've been thinking about you guys and watching your blog on my RSS, hoping for news. So thankful God is protecting your hearts. I'm encouraged by that to pray for the other family, too.
Post a Comment