Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Book Nook and Picture Lights


This past weekend I reorganized our library bookshelves and moved all of our children's literature to a special corner nook in our living room.  The little stool is Dan's from when he was little.   We will probably use it as a "naughty" chair but for now I picture our nephews or our future little ones sitting on that stool pouring through the many books I've collected over the years. 

I have NEVER been a fan of overhead lighting.  I much prefer the cozy softness of indirect lighting.  So Dan put up my picture light on our Lombard Street Kinkade that we bought on our honeymoon in Maui.  This painting always reminds me of visiting my Grandma Hurst in San Francisco.  Dad would always drive us down Lombard Street in our huge fifteen passenger green Dodge van.  Good times!

1 comment:

Room for More said...

Oh, NOW I know why we are hitting it off, we love the same colors! I love greens, browns, neutrals! You did a great job. It looks so inviting and comfortable! We gotta keep our minds distracted these days, huh? Maybe I should go rearrange things ; )

Our journey through weight loss, infertility, embryo adoption, parenthood, world travels and everyday life adventures!

Our Most Popular Posts

La Dolce Vida (Italy, Greece, Croatia, and Turkey 2010)

Elizabeth's Weightloss Journey

Body Fat Loss Goal

Start: 38.7% Body Fat at 207.0 lbs = 80.1 lbs of fat
Goal: 33.0% Body Fat by September 1, 2013
----------------------
Wk1: 38.5% at 204.0 = 78.54 lbs of fat (-1.56 lb)
Wk2: 37.8% at 205.5 = 77.68 lbs of fat (-.86 lb)
Wk3: 36.9% at 203.5 = 75.09 lbs of fat (-2.59 lb)
Wk4: 37.3% at 204.0= 76.09 lbs of fat (+1.00 lb)
Wk5: 37.4% at 201.5 =75.36 lbs of fat (-.73 lb)
Wk 6: 37.1% at 199.5 =74.01 lbs of fat (-1.35 lb)
Vacation
Wk 7: 36.2% at 198.0 = 71.6 lbs of fat
Wk 8: 36.7 at 196.0 = 71.9 lbs of fat
Wk 10: 35.9 at 198 = 71.0 lbs of fat
Took a break for FET#4....
Wk 11: 36.2% at 194.5 = 70.4lbs of fat
Wk 12 (September 1st):

Our Adoption Journey

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

background