Saturday, August 24, 2013

Official Results: Still Hope for a Miracle

I finally got a call from Dr. K's office a few hours ago.  The nurse told me that my HCG level came back at a low positive of 15.  Dr. K wants me to keep taking my injections and take another blood test on Tuesday.  He will be looking to see that my HCG level doubles every 48 hours which would mean they are looking for an HCG level of at least 60. 

My greatest hope is that my HCG level is explained by our one embryo that was "slow growing but looked great" according to the embryologist on transfer day.  It was a 2PN (18 hour old embryo) that grew to only 10 cells by transfer day.  Most grow to be at least 100 cells.  The embryologist said that it looked good and was definitely growing but just very slowly.  Perhaps our little slow grower is still growingly slowly in my belly.  We'll see on Tuesday.
Little "Pokey" our slow grower!
I never got a positive pregnancy test because I was using Dollar Tree brand tests that only read pregnancy if the HCG level is 50 or higher.  Here is a neat website I found that tells what the HCG levels are for various tests on the market:  CLICK HERE

I should swear off home tests at this point but I won't. I bought a few from CVS that measure HCG levels of 25 and higher.  I will take one tomorrow to see where we are at. 

Who wants to pray for a miracle with us?  Grow baby grow!

18 comments:

Amy said...

We will be praying for your slow grower to keep chugging along. Our God is great and nothing is too hard for Him!!!

Mandi said...

I am praying!

Lara said...

Praying for you and your little one.

happymomof4 said...

Praying!!

Aaron and Jennifer said...

Praying!!!

Laura said...

Praying for you Elizabeth and Dan!

Jolene Denham said...

Praying!

Baby On Mind said...

Praying!

barb said...

Praying!!!!

Diane said...

Praying!

Mary Massie said...

Praying for you guys!

Britney said...

praying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ginny said...

Praying for your family! May He help little slow growing 'pokey' to grow!

Tracey said...

I know this journey is hard. We had one of our betas come back a low positive as well. Will be praying for your hearts to be at rest during the waiting phase. Hoping this baby will grow grow grow!

Koren Leggett said...

Definitely the Leggetts are praying with you!!!

Jess said...

Praying for you and your little bean!

Karen N. said...

Praying for miracle Dan and Elizabeth.

Krisa said...

You were on my mind first thing this morning. Praying for you!

Our journey through weight loss, infertility, embryo adoption, parenthood, world travels and everyday life adventures!

Our Most Popular Posts

La Dolce Vida (Italy, Greece, Croatia, and Turkey 2010)

Elizabeth's Weightloss Journey

Body Fat Loss Goal

Start: 38.7% Body Fat at 207.0 lbs = 80.1 lbs of fat
Goal: 33.0% Body Fat by September 1, 2013
----------------------
Wk1: 38.5% at 204.0 = 78.54 lbs of fat (-1.56 lb)
Wk2: 37.8% at 205.5 = 77.68 lbs of fat (-.86 lb)
Wk3: 36.9% at 203.5 = 75.09 lbs of fat (-2.59 lb)
Wk4: 37.3% at 204.0= 76.09 lbs of fat (+1.00 lb)
Wk5: 37.4% at 201.5 =75.36 lbs of fat (-.73 lb)
Wk 6: 37.1% at 199.5 =74.01 lbs of fat (-1.35 lb)
Vacation
Wk 7: 36.2% at 198.0 = 71.6 lbs of fat
Wk 8: 36.7 at 196.0 = 71.9 lbs of fat
Wk 10: 35.9 at 198 = 71.0 lbs of fat
Took a break for FET#4....
Wk 11: 36.2% at 194.5 = 70.4lbs of fat
Wk 12 (September 1st):

Our Adoption Journey

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

background