| |
| Enjoying a nice fall day in the Huntington Library Chinese Garden. |
Today Dan and I decided to cash in our groupon that we bought in July for a one-year family membership to the
Huntington Library and Gardens in San Marino. Dan had not been to the newer Chinese Garden or inside the
Huntington house so we focused on those two areas today. At the
Chinese Garden we had a dim sum sampler which included one of my favorites, bao buns (BBQ pork sticky buns) and then we had the BEST iced jasmine green tea and some almond cookies all while we took in the beautiful view. I love visiting the Huntington because it reminds me so much of our times touring in Europe; casually viewing Gainsborough portraits, wall paneling and furniture in the style of Louis the XVI, and manicured gardens of all sorts. There is something that is so leisurely about this place. It is where you come to dream and to forget; where you can be transported to another time and place. I half wish I had some elaborate gown from the late 1700s and a parasol to saunter around the garden pathways in. We are so excited to visit the Huntington many times this year. Some peace and quiet along with some light exercise is just what we need to counteract the stresses of EA and other life issues.
 |
| Chinese bao bun - You must try!!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment