Friday, April 1, 2011

There's No Fooling. . .

. . . we saw TWO heartbeats today!  We are blessed with twins and today I am six weeks pregnant!  Baby A on top is measuring 3.3 millimeters and and Baby B on the bottom is measuring 3.0 millimeters which is right on schedule.  We had a nice smooth ride out to Dr. K's office and got there 45 minutes early.  The office was full but they took us right in and a few minutes later we got to see those little flicker, flickers on the ultrasound monitor.  It was quite surreal and exciting.  He encouraged us to remain cautiously optimistic.  I would say we are more optimistic than cautious.  We know the risk of loss but it can't take away the immense joy we feel today.  At a mere six weeks with two heartbeats this is the longest pregnancy we have had and we will enjoy every day our two little ones stay with us.  Thanks to everyone for your prayers and encouragement.  I feel so at peace and excited.  We were not given an official due date yet but the FET due date calculator says November 25th.  =)  Our next ultrasound appointment with Dr. K will be on April 11th.  Looking forward to seeing how much our little twinos change between now and then!

25 comments:

Room for More said...

oh, oh, I get to comment first? CONGRATULATIONS on twins!!! I am thrilled beyond anything for you guys. This has been a long ride and I am humbled to see God's grace and precious gift for your faithfulness! Many hugs to you sweet friend!

Jen said...

I am so, so happy for you!!! Sarah , Anna and I could not be happier to...Welcome you to the Twin Adopted Embryo Club!!!

Adam and Julia said...

Woo Hoo!!! Congratulations!!! Welcome to the twins club!

Unknown said...

LOVE that double blessing! YIPPEE!

Angelwingsbaby said...

Yay! I am so happy for you! What a wonderful double blessing!

Jen said...

Congratulations!!

Diane said...

SO excited for you guys! Congratulations!

Tina said...

So so SO happy for you!!!

Jess said...

Congrats! That is so exciting!!!

Ashlee said...

Congrats! I am so happy for you. Been following your journey for a while, I will keep you in my prayers!

Pat Orr said...

I just keep smiling and thanking God for His blessing.

Lisa said...

Awesome news! Congratulations! Will be praying for an uneventful (more than likely less b/c of twins!) 9 months :)

Anonymous said...

So happy for you, your husband and the little ones!!! Yay!! Congratulations!!

Krissie :)

Melody Lietzau said...

best news all day. LOVE following all that God is doing through your journey.

Ashley said...

Oh, I'm SO happy to read this and see your amazing picture! I'm thrilled for you!!! Congrats! Will definitely be keeping you and your babies in my prayers!

Koren Leggett said...

smiling ear to ear and a bit teary eyed too. God is so good and we are so priveleged to be able to carry His blessings within us before we hold them. It's always so amazing and awesome!
Praying for you all as always!
Leggetts

Christina said...

YAY!! Congrats! I love what you said about enjoying each minute and not dwelling on the potential for loss. Lovely pictures!

Anonymous said...

SO excited and happy for you! Yay!!!!!!!!!
--Melinda

happymomof4 said...

OH MY!!!! I am SOOOOO HAPPY for you all=) YEAH!!!!!!!

Krisa said...

I'm so happy for you!!! What a blessing!

Anonymous said...

YAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!
Love, Anna

Britney said...

yippy skippy! I was born on november 27 -- great time of year to have a birthday. every once in a while, it will be a Thanksgiving birthday!

Ginny said...

CONGRATULATIONS! We are so very happy and excited for you and your twins! Elizabeth, you are a radiant, glowing mama. Dan, your smile is contagious. What a wonderful blessing.

barb said...

Congratulations!!!SO happy for you!!How did you go about the embryo adoption through your clinic? Can you tell me more?

Aaron and Jennifer said...

Wonderful news, Elizabeth! I'm so happy for you guys! :)

Our journey through weight loss, infertility, embryo adoption, parenthood, world travels and everyday life adventures!

Our Most Popular Posts

La Dolce Vida (Italy, Greece, Croatia, and Turkey 2010)

Elizabeth's Weightloss Journey

Body Fat Loss Goal

Start: 38.7% Body Fat at 207.0 lbs = 80.1 lbs of fat
Goal: 33.0% Body Fat by September 1, 2013
----------------------
Wk1: 38.5% at 204.0 = 78.54 lbs of fat (-1.56 lb)
Wk2: 37.8% at 205.5 = 77.68 lbs of fat (-.86 lb)
Wk3: 36.9% at 203.5 = 75.09 lbs of fat (-2.59 lb)
Wk4: 37.3% at 204.0= 76.09 lbs of fat (+1.00 lb)
Wk5: 37.4% at 201.5 =75.36 lbs of fat (-.73 lb)
Wk 6: 37.1% at 199.5 =74.01 lbs of fat (-1.35 lb)
Vacation
Wk 7: 36.2% at 198.0 = 71.6 lbs of fat
Wk 8: 36.7 at 196.0 = 71.9 lbs of fat
Wk 10: 35.9 at 198 = 71.0 lbs of fat
Took a break for FET#4....
Wk 11: 36.2% at 194.5 = 70.4lbs of fat
Wk 12 (September 1st):

Our Adoption Journey

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

background