Monday, December 13, 2010

Moving on. . . sort of. . .

Dr. K confirmed for us today that our new clinic donor family had changed their mind about the donation.  He was really surprised that the couple backed out of the donation; we were not so surprised.  We told him that we wanted to move forward with our FET in January with our Snowflakes embies but they want us to wait for a new match that they have ready for us.  We don't know much about this new match other than there are 12 embryos and they were recently created in Dr. K's lab with donor sperm and donor eggs.  They said that the office is closed for the holidays until January 8th anyways and that the legal paperwork would begin this Wednesday (Dec. 15).  They want me to stay in a holding pattern through the holidays before we make any big decisions about embryo transfers.  More waiting!  Just what I wanted for Christmas. . .  =(

Okay, the brighter side is that Dr. K seems determined to get us matched with some more embryos and we are really hopeful about working with him.  We realize that the timing is and will be way different than what we want but for now we are committed to sticking with embryo adoption/donation until it becomes apparent that we should move in a different direction.

6 comments:

Christina said...

I suppose the worst of it isn't necessarily that they changed their minds, but that they took so stinking long to tell you that! I'm so glad that Dr. K has a new match ready for you! Waiting is tough. I need to get in touch with them also to get a new game plan started. I'm sure it'll be spring before we are cycling again. 2011 has to be better that 2010! Right?

Aaron and Jennifer said...

I'm sorry that your donor family backed out and left you hanging for awhile. I'm glad to know that things will be moving again soon! :)

Room for More said...

I am sorry that this has happened to you yet again. I am sorry that you have more waiting in front of you too. I am glad that Dr. K is very involved and positive about your situation though. I look forward to what 2011 will bring you!

Ashley said...

I hate that you have to wait...more! What a bummer! Just remember, God is working out the timing and every little detail. Keep your head up!

Angela said...

Praying for you this Christmas! Let's bring on a bright and joyful 2011 for you guys!

Koren Leggett said...

yes, God continues to be good, all the time. At least we can always count on Him right?

Big hugs and lots of love sent along with our prayers during this season for you two.

Our journey through weight loss, infertility, embryo adoption, parenthood, world travels and everyday life adventures!

Our Most Popular Posts

La Dolce Vida (Italy, Greece, Croatia, and Turkey 2010)

Elizabeth's Weightloss Journey

Body Fat Loss Goal

Start: 38.7% Body Fat at 207.0 lbs = 80.1 lbs of fat
Goal: 33.0% Body Fat by September 1, 2013
----------------------
Wk1: 38.5% at 204.0 = 78.54 lbs of fat (-1.56 lb)
Wk2: 37.8% at 205.5 = 77.68 lbs of fat (-.86 lb)
Wk3: 36.9% at 203.5 = 75.09 lbs of fat (-2.59 lb)
Wk4: 37.3% at 204.0= 76.09 lbs of fat (+1.00 lb)
Wk5: 37.4% at 201.5 =75.36 lbs of fat (-.73 lb)
Wk 6: 37.1% at 199.5 =74.01 lbs of fat (-1.35 lb)
Vacation
Wk 7: 36.2% at 198.0 = 71.6 lbs of fat
Wk 8: 36.7 at 196.0 = 71.9 lbs of fat
Wk 10: 35.9 at 198 = 71.0 lbs of fat
Took a break for FET#4....
Wk 11: 36.2% at 194.5 = 70.4lbs of fat
Wk 12 (September 1st):

Our Adoption Journey

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

background