Friday, December 10, 2010

So. . .are we getting stood up again?

Maybe so.   Our new clinic donor couple has had almost four weeks to sign a release paper to begin the contract phase of the embryo donation.  Not only have they not signed the paperwork, but they haven't responded to any of our clinics phone calls.  From our past experience, this is not a good sign.  When a couple hesitates to sign paperwork, it is for a reason.  Dan and I decided that if by Monday if the clinic does not hear from the donor couple, we will ask for our clinic to schedule our next FET with our two remaining Snowflake embryos.  I am super frustrated that the donor couple specifically asked to donate to a "struggling couple" and then played us like this.  How cruel.  I can only hope that I am wrong about this situation.  Maybe there is a small chance that they will go through with the donation.  We don't feel like waiting around to find out.  I feel good about finishing out our commitment to our Snowflake babies.  It was what I wanted from the beginning anyways.  Let's all pray for a miracle huh?  The doctor says my little Snowflakes don't have much of a chance of making it.  My God doesn't care about statistics.  He is the author of life even more than our incredible Dr. K.  I'm putting my faith in Him.

6 comments:

Ellie said...

The waiting and wondering sounds familiar! We met with Dr. K and the nurse on August 18 and didn't get a signed contract with the donor couple until NOVEMBER 18th. That's not normal and I completely understand your reservations. Praying it's just bunky communication and nothing more. God bless you.

Tina said...

That is so frustrating and unfair!

A friend of mine recently did IVF, and the doctor implanted three embryos because none of them were top-grade...and she ended up with twins! You just never know. I will be hoping and praying for good things for you!

Ms. Pollywog said...

This very thing happened to me (your "open letter" post could have been written by me. I think I may have told you this before, but I actually found the donor mom on facebook and made a plea to her to let us know their intentions either way, in a letter much like the one you wrote. It ended up that two things were happening. First, she was grieving heavily, the loss of her embryos, and she was just swamped and forgetful and it wasn't their priority as it was the holiday season, they both work full time and have two young children. I believe that my connection on a personal level on fb made all of the difference. THEN it still took a LONG time. It took three months, in fact.

Here's to you getting some answers soon!

Ashley said...

Sorry you're having to go through this again. I love what you said about our God not caring about statistics, though! Praying for your miracle!

Room for More said...

I cannot understand how this is happening to you again!! I do know that your faith is strong and that you going ahead with your FET with your 2 little ones you have presently is an excellent and I suppose obvious plan considering the circumstances. We have 6 going into this FET, 4 are not expected to survive the thawing process, 1 has a 20% chance of surviving the thaw and the other has a 50% chance. We, too, agree that God is not a God of statistics & we are praying for those miracles for you and Dan too! We love you gus and pray that this process will result in a pregnancy very soon! (((HUGS)))

Christina said...

How frustrating! Even just a week is an eternity when waiting for something so important. I hope you hear something!

Our journey through weight loss, infertility, embryo adoption, parenthood, world travels and everyday life adventures!

Our Most Popular Posts

La Dolce Vida (Italy, Greece, Croatia, and Turkey 2010)

Elizabeth's Weightloss Journey

Body Fat Loss Goal

Start: 38.7% Body Fat at 207.0 lbs = 80.1 lbs of fat
Goal: 33.0% Body Fat by September 1, 2013
----------------------
Wk1: 38.5% at 204.0 = 78.54 lbs of fat (-1.56 lb)
Wk2: 37.8% at 205.5 = 77.68 lbs of fat (-.86 lb)
Wk3: 36.9% at 203.5 = 75.09 lbs of fat (-2.59 lb)
Wk4: 37.3% at 204.0= 76.09 lbs of fat (+1.00 lb)
Wk5: 37.4% at 201.5 =75.36 lbs of fat (-.73 lb)
Wk 6: 37.1% at 199.5 =74.01 lbs of fat (-1.35 lb)
Vacation
Wk 7: 36.2% at 198.0 = 71.6 lbs of fat
Wk 8: 36.7 at 196.0 = 71.9 lbs of fat
Wk 10: 35.9 at 198 = 71.0 lbs of fat
Took a break for FET#4....
Wk 11: 36.2% at 194.5 = 70.4lbs of fat
Wk 12 (September 1st):

Our Adoption Journey

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

background