Friday, April 29, 2011

Ultrasound #3

 The Shackleton Family
Our ultrasound on Wednesday went very well.  Dan and I were SO NERVOUS before our appointment but as soon as we saw the heartbeat on the screen we were so relieved.  Baby Shack is measuring right on track (three days early actually but that is normal) at 10 weeks 1 day.  He/she measured 28.8 mm and had a heartbeat of 180 beats per minute which we got to hear again.  We were able to see Baby Shack moving around and sucking his/her thumb.  In the two short weeks since our last ultrasound Baby Shack has more than doubled in size and now is getting fuzz on the skin, nails on the little fingers, and other detailed features.  Check out the photos and video that Dan shot during our appointment!
Wednesday's appointment was our last with Dr. K.  I have been released to my ob/gyn and will hope to have an appointment when I am 12 weeks pregnant.  Saturday will also be my last PIO and delestrogen shots!  Dan is VERY happy about that, even more than me.  Another great thing about Wednesday was that Dan and I were able to have a great visit with James and Christina who are also in town this week working with Dr. K.  It was wonderful to swap stories and connect with another couple in person who has experienced embryo adoption. 
The baby  is giving us a profile shot.  The head is on the left with the baby facing down.  You can see him/her sucking their thumb.  You can also see the baby's butt and little legs.

15 comments:

Pat Orr said...

Now that's a cute picture. Praise God for this little one. We will keep praying for this child.

Melody Lietzau said...

What great news! I can't believe how amazing that ultrasound is. How can anyone deny our God. So excited for you guys.

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Happy for you and love seeing the US photo!!! =)

--Melinda

Diane said...

I am so thrilled to see this update! I've been praying for your sweet little baby and am so glad that he/she is growing right on schedule! (And let me just say, that is one nice ultrasound machine. I can only dream about scans that clear at my OB's!)

Christina said...

I am so very, very happy that everything is going well! YAY for no more shots!

Earle-girl said...

Praise God! I have been thinking SO much about you, Elizabeth. Praying for lots of joy moving forward.

Room for More said...

Okay that last photo is about the cutest EVER! I am so happy for you guys! Yea for no more PIO after today!! love ya!!

Aaron and Jennifer said...

Beautiful baby and heartbeat! :)

Koren Leggett said...

So awesome!!! Just like our God!!!

That little washing machine sound is the most incredible sound. Brought big smiles and tears watching it! And isn't it so amazing to see that little cutie just living their life in there while they're doing so much growing.Rolling, kicking and thumb sucking - that's the life. :)

Ashley said...

Awesome pictures! So glad everything is going well. Yay for no more shots!!

Krisa said...

I was so happy to see/read this post. I've been praying for you a lot this past week. Praise the Lord for such good news!

Ginny said...

So happy for you. This is a great family photo. :) Praise God! We will continue to pray for your family.

Unknown said...

Sweet little baby! SO HAPPY you got to connect with Christina and James-that's AWESOME!

The Brysons said...

Can I just say 'YAY' for thumbsuckers!!! They are the best sleepers :) Such a sweet picture and so blessed you are sharing this journey with us. Sending **hugs** for your week.

RShaef said...

OH! We were nervous with you guys. Praise, praise, praise be to God for this little person. We love you guys and are excited to be with you next week!

Our journey through weight loss, infertility, embryo adoption, parenthood, world travels and everyday life adventures!

Our Most Popular Posts

La Dolce Vida (Italy, Greece, Croatia, and Turkey 2010)

Elizabeth's Weightloss Journey

Body Fat Loss Goal

Start: 38.7% Body Fat at 207.0 lbs = 80.1 lbs of fat
Goal: 33.0% Body Fat by September 1, 2013
----------------------
Wk1: 38.5% at 204.0 = 78.54 lbs of fat (-1.56 lb)
Wk2: 37.8% at 205.5 = 77.68 lbs of fat (-.86 lb)
Wk3: 36.9% at 203.5 = 75.09 lbs of fat (-2.59 lb)
Wk4: 37.3% at 204.0= 76.09 lbs of fat (+1.00 lb)
Wk5: 37.4% at 201.5 =75.36 lbs of fat (-.73 lb)
Wk 6: 37.1% at 199.5 =74.01 lbs of fat (-1.35 lb)
Vacation
Wk 7: 36.2% at 198.0 = 71.6 lbs of fat
Wk 8: 36.7 at 196.0 = 71.9 lbs of fat
Wk 10: 35.9 at 198 = 71.0 lbs of fat
Took a break for FET#4....
Wk 11: 36.2% at 194.5 = 70.4lbs of fat
Wk 12 (September 1st):

Our Adoption Journey

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

background