Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Concern

Well, the madness has begun.  I hate the beginning of the school year.  I have 160 new faces and names to memorize, new lesson plans to create for a new subject I've never taught on two weeks notice, webpages to set up, gradebooks to set up, routines to teach, and now piles of papers to grade and record.  I just can't wait for September to be OVER!  I am thankful I have a job and generally I enjoy my job but it is so hard to get back into a routine and being pregnant in my third trimester has not made it any easier.   All summer and at my last appointment on August 29th my blood pressure was 122/80.  On September 6th I began my new school year.  On September 12th my blood pressure was 139/93.  Yesterday (Sept. 20th) it was 149/103.  Today it was in the 150s/98 but after resting with my feet up it was back in the 140s/90s.  We called my OB to see what he thinks we should do and we may not hear back from him till tomorrow.  I have never had protein in my urine at any of my appointments so that is good.  I just think I (and my body) am not handling the stress of starting the new school year well and I don't quite know what to do about it. 

6 comments:

Jess said...

Sounds like you have a lot going on right now!! Take care of yourself and your little bean!

Lara said...

That sounds very stressful. Make sure you put yourself first and set boundries with work if needed. It's so wonderful you are so far along.

Diane said...

Praying for you and Baby Shack!

Christina said...

I'm exhausted just reading about it :). I hope you can find a way to minimize some of the stress.

Krisa said...

I've been really stressed starting the school year with my 3 year old and 3 month old. Even though I'm teaching the same grade,almost everything has changed this year. It's overwhelming! A good friend gave me some advice and I pass it on to you..."Cut yourself some slack!" Do the best you can, but don't set the bar too high for yourself. The most important person to care for right now is that sweet little one growing inside you. Everything else will sort itself out. Praying for you and Baby Shack!!

Ginny said...

I know what you are going through! I had several IEP's to finish before I went on maternity leave when I was preggo with DJ and it couldn't come quick enough! I'm praying for you and baby Shack. Your leave will come here before you know it. The Lord doesn't give us anything we can't handle (although it often seems that way to me...;) If you need to call in sick, do...sometimes a day off can really help.

Our journey through weight loss, infertility, embryo adoption, parenthood, world travels and everyday life adventures!

Our Most Popular Posts

La Dolce Vida (Italy, Greece, Croatia, and Turkey 2010)

Elizabeth's Weightloss Journey

Body Fat Loss Goal

Start: 38.7% Body Fat at 207.0 lbs = 80.1 lbs of fat
Goal: 33.0% Body Fat by September 1, 2013
----------------------
Wk1: 38.5% at 204.0 = 78.54 lbs of fat (-1.56 lb)
Wk2: 37.8% at 205.5 = 77.68 lbs of fat (-.86 lb)
Wk3: 36.9% at 203.5 = 75.09 lbs of fat (-2.59 lb)
Wk4: 37.3% at 204.0= 76.09 lbs of fat (+1.00 lb)
Wk5: 37.4% at 201.5 =75.36 lbs of fat (-.73 lb)
Wk 6: 37.1% at 199.5 =74.01 lbs of fat (-1.35 lb)
Vacation
Wk 7: 36.2% at 198.0 = 71.6 lbs of fat
Wk 8: 36.7 at 196.0 = 71.9 lbs of fat
Wk 10: 35.9 at 198 = 71.0 lbs of fat
Took a break for FET#4....
Wk 11: 36.2% at 194.5 = 70.4lbs of fat
Wk 12 (September 1st):

Our Adoption Journey

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

background