I had my 33 week OB appointment yesterday and Dr. B says Baby Girl Shack is doing well. It has been rough to be back a work. Today was particularly challenging. A few weeks ago I blogged that my blood pressure had gone up since I returned to work and the doctor asked me to come in to labor and delivery to be examined since he was on duty at the hospital. We checked in and they brought me to a delivery room where I put on the gown and got all hooked up to the monitors and blood pressure machine. They did blood tests, urine analysis, and blood pressure checks every twenty minutes for about three hours. The hospital is so nice and the nurses were especially kind and helpful. I was lectured for not being hydrated enough so I have been working on drinking more water. The tests all came back negative for preclampsia which was great news! My blood pressure was elevated but not dangerously so. Dr. B wanted me to cut back on my activity so since he said I could still continue working I have decided to take Mondays off and hire a friend to help me with my grade record keeping for work. It has helped a ton and last week I had a good work week. It was neat to get to see where I will be in labor and make my whole pregnancy seem that much more real to me.
Yesterday at my Dr. appointment though my blood pressure was 140/100 again so they had me lay down for 5 minutes on my side and took my blood pressure again. This time it read 130/80. When Dr. B came in he was satisfied that the number had gone down so I should be able to finish out my last two and half work weeks before my leave begins on Oct 28th. I am slightly concerned that when sitting up/standing up my blood pressure is so much higher than when I am laying down. I hope Dr. B realizes that I don't lay on my side all day- I actually drive in heavy traffic several hours, stand on my feet most of the day, and deal with teenagers all day. I don't mind finishing my work weeks. I just want to make sure the baby is okay. She certainly moves a ton and that is a good thing. =)
Birthday Fun
4 years ago
7 comments:
Praying that your BP stays within range and you can make it these last few weeks!! Can't wait to meet your little miracle.
Two and a half weeks!? YAY! You can do it!
We'll keep you and baby girl Shack in prayer. That's good to hear the hospital and staff are nice. It's also nice to know where you will be going and having a chance to familiarize yourself with it. I had elevated blood pressure, too, with DJ toward the end of my pregnancy. I worked until I was due, he came 10days late and was just fine...big and healthy! I'm confident your doctor would tell you if you couldn't work. Although...that would be hilarious if you taught from the front of the room, in a bed, lying on your side! ;)
You're getting so close! Yay!
so glad you are okay. once I took my leave from teaching, my body settled down. I pray these next couple of weeks fly by. I cannot believe you are getting so close! WOW! I will be praying for baby shack girl! Eat lots of protein throughout the day--It helped my friend's BP stay down. ((HUGS))
Anybody's BP would be elevated having to deal with traffic/teenagers all day! =) Glad everything else is going well. I can't wait to meet baby Shack!!
HANG IN THERE! WOW, you are almost there! BIG HUGS!
Post a Comment