Thursday, July 17, 2014

36 Week Ultrasound and Check Up

I can't believe Baby Sister is 36 weeks already!  On Monday at 36 weeks and 1 day we had our ultrasound to check her size and position.  It was so great to get to see her after so many weeks.  She still has a cute button nose (like Lena) and we got to see lots of great shots of her little body and face.  The pictures however didn't turn out very well at all.  This one of her profile was the best one of the few that she gave us. 
Baby Girl Shack at 36 weeks and 1 day
Baby Girl looks great!  She is still very small measuring in the 24th percentile and projected to be about 5 lbs 11 oz right now.  (They also told us Lena was about 5-6 pounds and she was really 4 lb 3 oz.)  Her cord looks normal and was in a good place.  It was nice for the technician to check that since Lena's chord was short scrawny and wrapped around her.  My placenta was in a nice location so it won't be a problem during delivery.  Baby Girl is head down and facing in just like she is supposed to be.  She is still very high which explains all the movement I've been feeling right under my bra line. My amniotic fluid was on the low side of normal but just fine.  Dr. C said there was no cause for concern.
The Belly!
Dr. C said that everything is looking really good for a VBAC delivery.  My blood pressure was 124/78 so it looks like I will escape having to deal with pre-eclampsia this time!  She said this was an indicator that the baby I was carrying could possibly be Lena's genetic sibling.  Apparently when you have pregnancies with the same genetic make up your risk for pre-eclampsia goes down.  When you have new DNA involved your risk goes up.  Next week we will get the referral to the genetic specialist for DNA testing to confirm if Baby Sister is Lena's genetic sibling or not.   It should be as simple as a swab test on both Lena and the baby.  We are getting super excited to meet our little girl!  I wonder what she will be like, how her personality will be, and how the delivery will turn out.  I am cherishing these last few days/weeks of being pregnant.  I enjoy feeling her move inside and know that this may be the very last time I ever get to experience any of this.  We are having fun preparing for her arrival; getting everything cleaned, organized, and ready for her.  And we are excited to see Lena in her role as big sister and also to introduce little sister to you all BY NAME!!!
Belly Shot Progression!

My baby belly is definitely smaller than other pregnant moms my height.  My friend who is 7 weeks behind me and is pretty much the same height looks way more pregnant than I do!  I finally definitely look pregnant though. I just see it as a blessing that nobody has done the uninvited belly rub or made comments on how maybe there are twins in there, and that I haven't suffered very much discomfort from this pregnancy like back pain, swelling or circulation issues. 
Loving my 36 week pregnant body!  Even if I have gained 48 pounds I finally look pregnant and not just fat!

5 comments:

Lara said...

You look great. Yea for a good healthy report! Can't wait to hear her name.

Diane said...

I can't believe you're so close! Looking great!

Mary Massie said...

You look amazing! Yay for being so close to meeting your baby girl. So excited for you guys!

Britney said...

getting sooo close!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! I'm so excited for you! I love all the pictures! <3

Our journey through weight loss, infertility, embryo adoption, parenthood, world travels and everyday life adventures!

Our Most Popular Posts

La Dolce Vida (Italy, Greece, Croatia, and Turkey 2010)

Elizabeth's Weightloss Journey

Body Fat Loss Goal

Start: 38.7% Body Fat at 207.0 lbs = 80.1 lbs of fat
Goal: 33.0% Body Fat by September 1, 2013
----------------------
Wk1: 38.5% at 204.0 = 78.54 lbs of fat (-1.56 lb)
Wk2: 37.8% at 205.5 = 77.68 lbs of fat (-.86 lb)
Wk3: 36.9% at 203.5 = 75.09 lbs of fat (-2.59 lb)
Wk4: 37.3% at 204.0= 76.09 lbs of fat (+1.00 lb)
Wk5: 37.4% at 201.5 =75.36 lbs of fat (-.73 lb)
Wk 6: 37.1% at 199.5 =74.01 lbs of fat (-1.35 lb)
Vacation
Wk 7: 36.2% at 198.0 = 71.6 lbs of fat
Wk 8: 36.7 at 196.0 = 71.9 lbs of fat
Wk 10: 35.9 at 198 = 71.0 lbs of fat
Took a break for FET#4....
Wk 11: 36.2% at 194.5 = 70.4lbs of fat
Wk 12 (September 1st):

Our Adoption Journey

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

background