April 1 - 8400 (50 min evening walk)
April 2 - 9125 (30 min morning walk / 45 min evening walk)
April 3 - approx 2000 (no walks. . .opps)
April 4 - 9427 (35 min mid morning walk / lots of walking around at Biola)
April 5 - 4980
April 6 - 6543
April 7 - ?? (I lost my pedometer in the morning at work but I did a 30 min evening walk and my legs didn't hurt!)
Weekly count = I don't have a calculator
Pounds Lost = 2
Weekly reflections:
Apr.1 - I am always surprised how quickly the steps can add up. My shins were burning about 10 min into my walk but then they warmed up and got numb and felt better. Using my mp3 player helped make the 50 min. fly by. I can't wait till I can run again.
Apr.2 - I finally did it today. I woke up at 4:30am and did my morning walk. I am a morning person so once I'm out the door I'm good and I love my walk. I'm having major pain in my outer shins though and I wonder if it is shin splints. I might have to get my steps done on an eliptical for awhile.
Apr3 - I was physically very tired today. My legs are sore. Dan says I need to stretch more.
Apr4 - I forced myself to take a walk even though I didn't want to. I took Jersey and that helped a bit. I need to have Jersey's attitude about exercise. She always acts so liberated and exuberant when we take her for walks.
Apr 7 - Well, my first week is finished. I lost two pounds which is progress. I lost my pedometer today but Dan said he would buy me a new one tomorrow. Good thing they are only $5!
Birthday Fun
4 years ago
3 comments:
You can do this, Elizabeth!! :) I'm really excited for you and I think this is a really cool approach at reaching your goal. I look forward to celebrating your success with you! :)
Good job Elizabeth. I guess elementary teachers get in a few more steps...mine was about 2000 the first day. It is pretty shocking to see how we don't move as much as we think we do. I really can't afford to skip the 20 minutes on the eliptical. Love you.
Do it...
Make it...
You've got the chance, now take it...
Do it...
Make it...
You've got the chance, now take it...
Post a Comment