Tuesday, December 1, 2009

REVISED. . .slow progress. . .

I got an email from Bethany's Knoxville office on Monday. Apparently, I have been waiting these last 20 days for a process that I didn't know needed to take place. The California Bethany office had to contact the Knoxville office, send them our home study, and then Knoxville had to approve it and notify the NEDC. She instructed me to call the NEDC today to schedule our first visit to Tennessee! So hopefully in the next few days we will have our mock transfer scheduled. This visit is also so that I can meet our doctor, be medically approved for the procedure, and learn about the procedure and all the fun medicines and shots that come with it! I am so thankful to get permission to move to the next step in our adoption!

-----Later in the day--------

Okay. . . I called the NEDC today and the good news is that our file is as complete as a file can be. The not so good news is that we are now on a waiting list. They are booked through March and there are 24 people ahead of us waiting to get an appointment as soon as more open up. The NEDC said that the wait is now 10-12 months at the fastest from application to transfer. This would put our transfer sometime this summer, likely August. Most likely we wouldn't even make our first trip out to TN until very late spring or early summer. I have two thoughts about this:

1. How awesome is it that there is a waiting list to adopt!!!??? I am glad that so many people are taking steps to adopt these embryos.

2. We don't want to wait this long. I am second guessing our decision to go with the NEDC. Maybe flying all the way to Tenessee (twice) to do this is not the best idea. I feel frustrated and I am considering looking into other options. Or maybe we should just press on and wait our turn. . .

We are bummed.

8 comments:

Jen said...

Congrats!!! I'm very excited for you guys!!! Keep us posted!!!

Hugs!!!

Aaron and Jennifer said...

Yay - That is encouraging to hear! We're still waiting for our home study to be officially approved but it's good to know what will happen next. :)

Anna Nussio said...

thumbs up!

Ashley said...

Congrats!!!

embieadoptmom said...

Just emailed you friend! I will help any way I can!

Christina said...

That is a LONG time to wait! My experience with the NEDC has been nothing but fantastic, but I totally understand not wanting to wait! The wait wasn't that long when did our first transfer in 2007 and I think we got to sneak in a little quicker for the 2nd since we already had embryos left over from the first time. I would stay on the waiting list with the NEDC, but I would also get on Miracles Waiting and just see what comes up first! Good luck!

Mary Massie said...

Praying for the both of you! So sorry to hear it is a longer wait than anticipated. Love you both and can't wait to see you two as parents! We prayed some things into going faster with Kenny and Betsy maybe we can do the same for you.

Ashley said...

Wow, that is a huge bummer that the wait is that much longer! Maybe something will open up just for you and it will happen much quicker. I'll be praying for that!

Our journey through weight loss, infertility, embryo adoption, parenthood, world travels and everyday life adventures!

Our Most Popular Posts

La Dolce Vida (Italy, Greece, Croatia, and Turkey 2010)

Elizabeth's Weightloss Journey

Body Fat Loss Goal

Start: 38.7% Body Fat at 207.0 lbs = 80.1 lbs of fat
Goal: 33.0% Body Fat by September 1, 2013
----------------------
Wk1: 38.5% at 204.0 = 78.54 lbs of fat (-1.56 lb)
Wk2: 37.8% at 205.5 = 77.68 lbs of fat (-.86 lb)
Wk3: 36.9% at 203.5 = 75.09 lbs of fat (-2.59 lb)
Wk4: 37.3% at 204.0= 76.09 lbs of fat (+1.00 lb)
Wk5: 37.4% at 201.5 =75.36 lbs of fat (-.73 lb)
Wk 6: 37.1% at 199.5 =74.01 lbs of fat (-1.35 lb)
Vacation
Wk 7: 36.2% at 198.0 = 71.6 lbs of fat
Wk 8: 36.7 at 196.0 = 71.9 lbs of fat
Wk 10: 35.9 at 198 = 71.0 lbs of fat
Took a break for FET#4....
Wk 11: 36.2% at 194.5 = 70.4lbs of fat
Wk 12 (September 1st):

Our Adoption Journey

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

background