We have officially moved into the contract stage of our match. Hopefully we will have a signed contract by the end of July and the embryos will officially be our children! We are adopting a set of four blastocysts (frozen on day 5 or 6 - not sure yet) that were probably created and frozen two years ago. They are not genetically related to the couple that has them right now. A 24 year old egg donor and a 30 something year old sperm donor were used to create our embryos. The couple that has them right now used the same egg donor to have their own child so our embryos have a half-sibling as well as two half siblings from the sperm donor. We feel so lucky that the donor family has chosen us and we are looking forward to moving onto the shipping of the embryos stage!
7 comments:
I am so happy for you!!!!
Congrats!!!
At last. Can't wait to meet these long awaited and long wanted children. I couldn't be more excited!
I can't wait until the contracts are signed and the babies are finally yours! :)
I'm excited for you guys about this match! Praying all the "red tape" will be done as quickly as possible!
So excited for us! Our little one came from donated eggs as well, and also the embryos were first donated to another couple before us. So they have 2 full siblings in one state, 1 full sibling in another state and the egg donor herself had some children and also did egg donation twice before this for other families, so there are half siblings all over! I find it quite amazing! :)
woohoo!!!!! God is so good. I had never thought through the whole sibling, half sibling part before. way cool!
congrats and big hugs from us. :)
Uh, I thought I commented on this one? I meant to!! I love that you got even more info and I am praying that the paperwork/contracts are finished and finalized soon!!
Post a Comment