Monday, March 14, 2011

Favorite Things: Three Way Thrift

Dan and I ventured out to do a few errands today and we decided to stop by our favorite local thrift store as it happened to be teacher discount day!  I really love this particular thrift store.  They always have such great finds and they price things really well (cheap!)  What is better is that this thrift store is owned and run by Ontario Christian Schools and the profits benefit the schools and two wonderful ministries: two group homes for adults with mental disabilities.  We enjoy donating goods to this thrift store just for that reason.  I know the money will be used to do good for people that deserve it and need it.  One day when we were dropping off some donations the residents from the adult group home and their guardians were there issuing tax receipts with homemade thank you cards.  My heart just broke in a million pieces. . .  well back to today. . . we made some GREAT finds!  We spent a total of $22 and were able to purchase:
26 Books - (Mom do you see the Dave Dravecky book I got for your classroom?)
One pair of shoes for Dan and one pair for me!  (Aren't mine so cute??)
This VERY cute onsie which I could NOT pass up!  I love Dr. Seuss!
So are you impressed?  You Southern Californians should come out my way for the day and have a fun thrift shopping day at Three Way!  I can't wait to go baby clothes shopping there.  They have sooo many wonderful finds for a great price.

5 comments:

Pat Orr said...

Yes, how exciting. The kids always want to borrow mine and I won't let them. Now they can check one out. Thanks. I want to go there.

Diane said...

The onesie is ADORABLE! (And I like the shoes too!)

Krisa said...

I'm a school teacher too. Last year, our music teacher presented "Seusical Musical". Every time I hear...'A person's a person no matter how small', from Horton Hears a Who!~ I start to cry. I think about my little frozen embryo babies and can't help myself.

Koren Leggett said...

so fun!!!!!

Just now had time to check in on all of your blog updates from lsat week. So excited for you two. I keep sending texts to Dan because I lost your number when I had to reset my phone.
I know God is so good and we are definitely praying until and on the 19th!

hugs and love,
Leggetts

Ginny said...

We need to hang out! I LOVE this place, too. That is such a cute onsie, good find. I really enjoy your blog. Elizabeth, you look amazing (and Dan, you're not looking bad yourself). ;) Praying for your family. Your neighboor and friend, Ginny

Our journey through weight loss, infertility, embryo adoption, parenthood, world travels and everyday life adventures!

Our Most Popular Posts

La Dolce Vida (Italy, Greece, Croatia, and Turkey 2010)

Elizabeth's Weightloss Journey

Body Fat Loss Goal

Start: 38.7% Body Fat at 207.0 lbs = 80.1 lbs of fat
Goal: 33.0% Body Fat by September 1, 2013
----------------------
Wk1: 38.5% at 204.0 = 78.54 lbs of fat (-1.56 lb)
Wk2: 37.8% at 205.5 = 77.68 lbs of fat (-.86 lb)
Wk3: 36.9% at 203.5 = 75.09 lbs of fat (-2.59 lb)
Wk4: 37.3% at 204.0= 76.09 lbs of fat (+1.00 lb)
Wk5: 37.4% at 201.5 =75.36 lbs of fat (-.73 lb)
Wk 6: 37.1% at 199.5 =74.01 lbs of fat (-1.35 lb)
Vacation
Wk 7: 36.2% at 198.0 = 71.6 lbs of fat
Wk 8: 36.7 at 196.0 = 71.9 lbs of fat
Wk 10: 35.9 at 198 = 71.0 lbs of fat
Took a break for FET#4....
Wk 11: 36.2% at 194.5 = 70.4lbs of fat
Wk 12 (September 1st):

Our Adoption Journey

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

background