A few days ago I spent some time reading through my posts before our first transfer back in October. I definitely feel different about this transfer. It is nice knowing what to expect. I feel much more relaxed, calm, and excited than nervous. We are doing a few things different this time around: we are staying in the hotel the night after the transfer rather than making the 2+ hr drive back home, I am taking more time off of work to avoid jumping right back into a stressful work environment and have to deal with the emotional strain of the two week wait, and lastly I don’t plan on doing any home pregnancy tests.
We didn’t get anymore updates from the embryologist in the past few days and we are hoping that no news is good news. They did move our transfer back 45 minutes so 1:00pm PST is our new transfer time.
We checked into our “hotel” last night. We decided to gamble on Hotwire since we have never had a bad stay through them. We ended up with The Palm Garden Hotel which is a five-minute drive from Dr. K’s office. I don’t know if Dan and I have become hotel snobs since becoming Marriott rewards members but this place is not super great. They did have a good free breakfast this morning though! After we checked in last night we headed over to my cousin’s house and visited with her family. It was very fun to see them as we are not out this way very often.
Well it is time for me to get ready to head over to meet our embies! I will be sure to post their picture and transfer details when we get back to the hotel! Thanks for your encouraging words and prayers. We definitely feel the love and support of our dear friends, family, and fellow bloggers!
Birthday Fun
4 years ago
4 comments:
I've been thinking of you all morning. Praying for you guys!
I nice, relaxing, stress-free 2WW sounds great to me!
That's a bummer the hotel wasn't what you had hoped for! We have yet to narrow down our travel arrangements. I've become a bit picky when it comes to hotels, but I am also very cheap. This is a problem ;)
My clock says it's 2:19PM MTN, I bet your embryos are reaching their home for hopefully the next 9 months or so right now!
Yay- can't wait to hear your update! Praying for you!!
Yay! Hope everything went well and that the 2WW flies by. We are staying at the Hampton. Stayed there last time and it was great. About the same distance as The Palm Garden from Dr K's office.
Post a Comment