Monday, June 25, 2012

My Favorite Pastime....


A view of my cart before checkout.
Proof of my awesome savings!
...is saving money! My sister gave me a great tip and told me that a Ralph's grocery store near her was closing and there were large discounts on their merchandise. Today I stopped by to check it out and when I was there the sales manager was standing with me in the baby food isle and told me that he had just marked down the entire isle so that everything was $.22! There were no signs that announced this so there was not a huge rush on the baby stuff yet. When I was checking out a crowd gathered around me and people began to get excited as my total kept going down and down. People freaked out when the checker announced that I had saved $728.53! It was pretty fun to get $10 boxes of NurtureMe organic quick dried baby food for only $.22! Needless to say, if we have nuclear fallout and Lena survives she will survive the nuclear winter just fine. I called my brother and his wife to give them a heads up on the sale and when they were checking out tonight their checker was commenting on all the money they were saving and then said to my brother in her thick Asian accent, "but this one lady crazy. She save like $750. She buy a lot!" (She was talking about me! Ha ha!) The only crazy people in my opinion are the ones that pay full price!!!
The "crazy" lady with her cheap groceries and a very, very, long receipt.

4 comments:

happymomof4 said...

That is AWESOME!!!!! Wish I could find deals like that! I love me some coupons:)

Diane said...

I do a lot of couponing and sales shopping, but I have never found that awesome of a deal anywhere! That is amazing!

It seems like all the stores that go out of business near me mark things down to about 25% at best and then move the stock that's left to another store nearby where it sells for full price again. Boo!

Ashley said...

Wow! That's amazing!!!

Koren Leggett said...

woohoo for being frugal! !! :)

Our journey through weight loss, infertility, embryo adoption, parenthood, world travels and everyday life adventures!

Our Most Popular Posts

La Dolce Vida (Italy, Greece, Croatia, and Turkey 2010)

Elizabeth's Weightloss Journey

Body Fat Loss Goal

Start: 38.7% Body Fat at 207.0 lbs = 80.1 lbs of fat
Goal: 33.0% Body Fat by September 1, 2013
----------------------
Wk1: 38.5% at 204.0 = 78.54 lbs of fat (-1.56 lb)
Wk2: 37.8% at 205.5 = 77.68 lbs of fat (-.86 lb)
Wk3: 36.9% at 203.5 = 75.09 lbs of fat (-2.59 lb)
Wk4: 37.3% at 204.0= 76.09 lbs of fat (+1.00 lb)
Wk5: 37.4% at 201.5 =75.36 lbs of fat (-.73 lb)
Wk 6: 37.1% at 199.5 =74.01 lbs of fat (-1.35 lb)
Vacation
Wk 7: 36.2% at 198.0 = 71.6 lbs of fat
Wk 8: 36.7 at 196.0 = 71.9 lbs of fat
Wk 10: 35.9 at 198 = 71.0 lbs of fat
Took a break for FET#4....
Wk 11: 36.2% at 194.5 = 70.4lbs of fat
Wk 12 (September 1st):

Our Adoption Journey

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

background