Sunday, June 17, 2012

Pop and Peanut: Father's Day 2012

Pop and Peanut in the Park 2012
I am so thankful for Dan.  He is such a natural at fatherhood.  I remember on our ride home from the NICU the one night we had to leave Lena there after she was born I was so nervous and unsure that I would be able to take care of such a small four pound baby.  I was a blubbering mess but Dan had such confidence and assured me that together we could handle it.  In the NICU the nurses were so impressed with him because he wanted to be involved and was so good at feeding and changing Lena.  When I had to stay in the hospital for many days after my c-section our nurses there were also impressed with how involved and caring Dan was: taking milk down to Lena in the NICU and spending time with her, helping to get me mobile, keeping me company. As one nurse put it: "Most of the other husbands just sit on the couch and play on the computer or cell phone."  This first year of parenthood has been an amazingly fun adventure.  I love our little family and I am so blessed and thankful for a loving partner and father for our "Little Peanut".

Me and my dad in the early 1980s.
 And a special Father's Day wish for my dad who continues to shower me and my four siblings (and their families) with so much love.  I am doubly blessed today!

1 comment:

Pat Orr said...

I love these two pictures and these two fathers.

Our journey through weight loss, infertility, embryo adoption, parenthood, world travels and everyday life adventures!

Our Most Popular Posts

La Dolce Vida (Italy, Greece, Croatia, and Turkey 2010)

Elizabeth's Weightloss Journey

Body Fat Loss Goal

Start: 38.7% Body Fat at 207.0 lbs = 80.1 lbs of fat
Goal: 33.0% Body Fat by September 1, 2013
----------------------
Wk1: 38.5% at 204.0 = 78.54 lbs of fat (-1.56 lb)
Wk2: 37.8% at 205.5 = 77.68 lbs of fat (-.86 lb)
Wk3: 36.9% at 203.5 = 75.09 lbs of fat (-2.59 lb)
Wk4: 37.3% at 204.0= 76.09 lbs of fat (+1.00 lb)
Wk5: 37.4% at 201.5 =75.36 lbs of fat (-.73 lb)
Wk 6: 37.1% at 199.5 =74.01 lbs of fat (-1.35 lb)
Vacation
Wk 7: 36.2% at 198.0 = 71.6 lbs of fat
Wk 8: 36.7 at 196.0 = 71.9 lbs of fat
Wk 10: 35.9 at 198 = 71.0 lbs of fat
Took a break for FET#4....
Wk 11: 36.2% at 194.5 = 70.4lbs of fat
Wk 12 (September 1st):

Our Adoption Journey

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

background