Around February of this year I made what I thought were practical weight loss goals for this year. It has only been less than two years since I lost 80 pounds and clearly I've already forgotten that no matter my diet or how hard I workout my body doesn't always cooperate with my neatly calculated weekly goals. It is hard not to feel deflated but after going back and looking at my weigh ins from two years ago I realized that my body does respond to my hard work in its own time frame. I still don't understand why one week I lose eight pounds and the next two weeks I lose zero when I am consistent with my eating and workouts. But I am learning patience and also learned to just accept that my body is weird and will not always respond the way I want it to. To help me focus on fitness rather than weight loss I have registered to race in the Long Beach sprint distance triathlon again this year. (.5mile ocean swim, 11 mile bike ride, 3 mile run) I began a pretty intense training routine a few weeks ago: I attend bootcamp four times a week, lap swim twice, jog a 5k at least twice, and then attend yoga and spin class once each week. That is a minimum of ten intense workouts per week. Dan has been so supportive watching Lena while I attend classes. I do most of my workouts early in the morning before Lena wakes up so I don't disrupt our family time too much. I already feel so much stronger and hope that I can beat my triathlon time from 2010. I will most likely be about thirty pounds heavier when I compete this time around but I think I will be in better shape and more experienced as well.
 |
| Me after my 2010 triathlon. |
1 comment:
I admire your perseverence! You can do it!
Post a Comment