![]() |
| Lena on March 9, 2011 |
![]() |
| Lena on March 7, 2013 |
![]() |
| Elizabeth and Lena on March 9, 2011 |
![]() |
| Elizabeth and Lena on November 26, 2012 |
If you look at our contract you can see where I marked our check mark a second time. I actually got nervous that the mark wasn't dark enough so I went over my first mark. It is amazing to me, especially after having seen the miraculous transformation in Lena from embryo to precious little girl, that "Dispose" and "Donate to Research" are allowable options for frozen embryos. My stomach actually turns a bit at the thought and rightly so. It also makes me so incredibly thankful and glad that Lena's genetic family chose the path that led her to us. They like us received this same form and with a simple check mark could have snuffed out Lena's life. Today and always I am thankful that Lena is with us. Her life is such a gift!





1 comment:
I feel the same way about my EA baby. We had 2 embryos remaining but we knew our family was complete...so we were very adamant they be donated back and that the option of destroying or donating to science was NOT an option. I always celebrate my transfer day too (March 10 2010)....it is just soooo special to me. Our Genevieve is such a Gift. I cannot imagine our lives without her.
kd
Post a Comment