 |
| 9 mile long run - April 1, 2013 |
I didn't feel like going although it was the perfect weather for it. Breezy, cloudy, and cool and Dan was home to watch Lena. I already put it off from Saturday to today (Monday) so I had to do it. In fact I wore my workout gear all day so that I wouldn't get too comfy and skip it. Finally at 2 pm I headed out for my dreaded 9 mile long run. I have about four weeks left before my half marathon and each Sunday I have to add one more mile to my long run. So next week I will do 10 miles. Today I ran sans baby stroller and dog so that I would have some freedom to run my best without distraction (Thanks Dan!) and I also ran listening to Pandora to keep me company for the duration of the run. It is amazing what a difference good music can make! My fastest mile was a little under 10 minutes to the tune of Coldplay's "Paradise". I think I even smiled. My goal was to complete the 9 mile run in under two hours. My first 4.5 miles I finished in 53 minutes and then I slowed a bit on the back half and finished the 9 miles in 1:55. I thought I might have to walk a good portion of the last four miles but I actually felt pretty good. My cardio and strength training has really paid off and I never got winded or overly tired. My left knee and hip did give me some trouble (which it always does past three miles) and I had to walk some spells because of it. I am getting excited for race day because today I proved to myself that I am going to be very ready! If you've ever run a long distance race you know that the long run training is the most difficult and tedious. The actual race is usually much easier because there are people cheering for you and you have adrenaline pumping through your veins. I can't say that I am looking forward to next week's long run but I can face it with a little more confidence now. Thank you Jesus for giving me good health and a strong body. May I honor you in all that I do!
"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love, and of self-discipline." -2 Timothy 1:7
4 comments:
That's incredible! Way to go!
Way to go!!! That's awesome!!!
You inspire me! Great job!
That's so awesome Elizabeth! Good job!
Post a Comment