
So I am quickly nearing my weight loss goal of being under 200 lbs. ("Onederland as they call it on The Biggest Loser") That will put me only 40 pounds away from my final weight loss goal. I haven't been under 200lbs since I was in graduate school thirteen years ago. In fact Dan has never known me skinnier than I am now. Dan told me he wanted to give me a treat when I met my goal of being under 200 lbs and he asked me what I wanted. At first I thought, "A trip to the cheese store!" But that would have been counter productive to my future fitness goals. Hee hee. So instead I asked if I could get some new bras. I only have one that sort of fits right now and lets just say it isn't really doing a very good job. After losing 70 pounds then having a baby and gaining 60 pounds and then losing all those pounds again and then some I had no idea what size I really should be. Dan being the wonderful husband that he is said,"Um, you don't need to wait to have a new bra for a treat. Let's go right now!". So he drove us to the nearest Victoria's Secret and I popped in to get measured and fitted. The girl that fitted me was really great and in twenty minutes I got two new bras on sale that fit great! Ah! What a difference good undergarments can make! Dan still wants to get me a treat for making under 200 lbs so I have chosen to use Dan's Massage Envy membership to get a facial and foot massage. I am lucky to have such a supportive husband. He is even going to run my half marathon with me!
Last Friday I met with the owner of Fit Body Boot camp where I work out and we discussed my progress a bit. He said that it was time to set a new goal, one that wasn't a "pounds lost" goal. Instead we are going to track my body fat percentage. He taught me how to use the body fat measurer. I was to use it before my workout the next time I came in. Over the weekend Dan and I pondered where I might be. When I was at my highest weight I was at about 52% body fat. YIKES! I was hoping to at least be in the high 20% or low 30% at this point so when I used the body fat machine I was a little sad to see that I still have 38.7% body fat. I have decided that I need to focus on building muscle and getting enough lean protein in my diet. I will be remeasuring my body fat every Tuesday so I can track my progress in a way other than a scale. I still have so much work to do in getting my body to a healthy place but at least I am headed in the right direction. I remember a year ago when I finally decided to try to get into shape crying in spin class because I felt like I was wearing a fat suit. I was embarassed of my body and ashamed and angry that I let myself gain all my weight back. I just had to accept where I was at and move forward. I didn't think I would ever get this far in such a short time. I will be taking my next progress pictures after my half marathon on May 5th. I am hoping to be under 200 by then which will be twenty pounds lighter than my last progress pictures that I took in the middle of February. The pounds are coming off more slowly now as I get nearer to my final goal but these last 47 pounds should be the ones that visually make the biggest impact as I gain muscle.
4 comments:
What a great husband and what a great treat!!!!Go Elizabeth go. You are doing wonderful job.Here's to reaching your goals.What an inspiration you are.I enjoy reading about your progress and I look forward to more positive things to come in the future for you.
Woohoo! Great job, Mama! I hope you are able to quickly get to your goal. I bet you are feeling so much better already. What an accomplishment!
Wonderful! You are so close. : )
You are such an inspiration! You can do it!!
Post a Comment