Sunday, June 1, 2014

30 Weeks

30 Weeks!
Today I am 30 weeks pregnant, three-fourths the way to meeting Shack Baby #2.  This pregnancy so far has been much easier on my body.  I don't have any swelling (still wearing my wedding ring and tennis shoes).  I don't have any physical signs of preeclampsia.  My blood pressure has been holding steady.  (I came in at 130/70 at my last appointmnet.)  My glucose test came back normal so I don't have gestational diabetes. Baby Shack is kicking and moving a ton which is great!   I don't have many pregnancy discomforts at this point.  The only thing I deal with is vivid dreams/nightmares and insomnia at times both of which I rarely suffer from outside of pregnancy.  I am so thankful my body has been handling this pregnancy better this time.

At my last appointment I discussed with Dr. C my delivery options.  Since I had a c-section with Lena I can just schedule another c-section after I hit 38 weeks or I can just wait and see what my body does naturally and try for a VBAC (vaginal birth after c-section).  Truthfully, since I have had many surgeries, the scheduled c-section was appealing to me.  However, after talking with Dr. C (who is my age and has had a VBAC herself) I have decided to wait and see what my body does and at any point if I change my mind or if my body isn't handling the pregnancy well I can still do a c-section.  After my four day failed induction with Lena a labor and vaginal birth frightens me a little, okay....a lot.  I also realize that this is very likely the last time I will ever get the chance to experience pregnancy and thus childbirth.  I felt like I missed so much of Lena's birth because of how heavily medicated I was that I want to do my best to be mentally present for this birth.  

While I have gained much more weight than I wanted to at this point (34 pounds) I am still lower than the weight where I started with Lena's pregnancy.  I am so thankful that I made the effort to wait and lose those pounds before we did our 4th and 5th FETs.  I think being 40 pounds lighter for this pregnancy has made  a huge difference.  I know at this point that I will have to work pretty hard again to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight but I know I can do it as I did before.  

7 comments:

Diane said...

I'm so glad everything is going so well!

Ashley said...

You look great!!

Lara said...

Glad things are going so well. You do look great!

Jolene Denham said...

30 Weeks! I cannot believe it! You look great and I'll be praying for the delivery.

Lennuk said...

Hi, I don't know if you remember me but we both went to the same clinic.
I just wanted to chime in about 2nd labor. My first was emergency c-section too. After induction and even pushing.
Now I am pregnant and can't decide either. VBAC is very appealing but I am also afraid. And I don't want other overly medicated delivery. If it's going to be c-section then I want to be prepared....
In the same boat as you.
Following...

Britney said...

you look great! definitely a lot smaller than me - and I'm just about 3 weeks ahead of you! we'll lose the weight. don't worry. ; )

Melody Lietzau said...

Wanted you to know I still follow your updates and you are in our prayers. Watching you is like watching a walking miracle.

Our journey through weight loss, infertility, embryo adoption, parenthood, world travels and everyday life adventures!

Our Most Popular Posts

La Dolce Vida (Italy, Greece, Croatia, and Turkey 2010)

Elizabeth's Weightloss Journey

Body Fat Loss Goal

Start: 38.7% Body Fat at 207.0 lbs = 80.1 lbs of fat
Goal: 33.0% Body Fat by September 1, 2013
----------------------
Wk1: 38.5% at 204.0 = 78.54 lbs of fat (-1.56 lb)
Wk2: 37.8% at 205.5 = 77.68 lbs of fat (-.86 lb)
Wk3: 36.9% at 203.5 = 75.09 lbs of fat (-2.59 lb)
Wk4: 37.3% at 204.0= 76.09 lbs of fat (+1.00 lb)
Wk5: 37.4% at 201.5 =75.36 lbs of fat (-.73 lb)
Wk 6: 37.1% at 199.5 =74.01 lbs of fat (-1.35 lb)
Vacation
Wk 7: 36.2% at 198.0 = 71.6 lbs of fat
Wk 8: 36.7 at 196.0 = 71.9 lbs of fat
Wk 10: 35.9 at 198 = 71.0 lbs of fat
Took a break for FET#4....
Wk 11: 36.2% at 194.5 = 70.4lbs of fat
Wk 12 (September 1st):

Our Adoption Journey

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

background