For the last several months I have begun to get things ready for us to become a family of four! Since Lena arrived so early I am more cautious this time about our timeline of getting ready. We already transitioned Lena to her big girl bedroom and potty trained her last month. The nursery is pretty much ready to go because we aren't changing anything in it. So we don't have any major set up to do before Baby Girl arrives. I always function better in a clean and organized environment so I have tried to tackle some projects around the house to help things run more smoothly when we have TWO little girls here at home! So far I have cleaned out the nursery, reorganized and purged our financial files, resorted and stored our supply of girl clothes, deep cleaned and organized the side yard and porch, organized and cleaned out the toys, and pulled all the infant items that were stored in the garage and stored them in the nursery for use. I still have lots of things that need to get done and I am definitely slowing down now that I am only six weeks away from my due date. I just try to get a little more done each day.
| Both car seats are installed and ready to go! |
| New and improved organized files with labeled drawers and folders. |
| Part of the new file system. |
| The file cleaning aftermath: discarded papers to be shredded. |
| The next big project...sorting and reorganizing girl clothes. (COMPLETED a few weeks ago!!!) |
| Lena talking to baby sister. |
| Giving a hug to her baby sister. |
- Create a tote with new Lena activities and toys that she can only access while I feed the new baby.
- Pre-make some meals to store in the freezer.
- Pack the hospital bags and finalize plans for who will take care of Lena.
- Do one last declutter of the house and try to keep up with house cleaning and laundry.
- Finish several partially finished blog entries from the last few months.
- Set up last minute baby items like pump station, mini crib in our master bedroom, diaper changing stations, etc.
2 comments:
I love the idea of the nursing / feeding activity bag. At 9 weeks I am already feeling the pressure of my to-do list. Good luck with your final few tasks.
I really wish I would have gotten more done before Lucy came! I'm impressed!
Post a Comment