Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Signing of the Contract - Take Two!


Today we signed our EA contract at AAA.  It felt good to be done with everything on our side of things.  This is as far as we got with our last failed match so we will be REALLY excited when we get word that the donor family has signed the contract as well.  The notary thought I was a little odd that we were taking pictures and I just explained to her that this was like our "You're pregnant!" moment and we wanted to remember this day.  She replied, "Oh, that wasn't how I felt when I found out I was pregnant."  (said in a voice with a tinge of disgust)  I just said "Oh" and thought in my head how sad for this lady that she (at one time) saw her baby as a burden rather than a blessing.  I realized what a gift of awareness and appreciation God has given to Dan and I through our deprivation.  I can't wait to be pregnant and make Dan a dad.  He will be such a great dad.  Tonight I just want to fast forward to October and let those babies grow!

15 comments:

Earle-girl said...

HOORAY!!!

And Elizabeth--YOU look so PRETTY!! Seriously, they say new moms glow...

Jen said...

You look beautiful!!! So glad all is OFFICIAL!!!

Hugs!!!

Anna Nussio said...

You are seriously glowing, you both are just beaming! I love it. You're going to be great parents! Hooray!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on getting your contract in on the way! Here's to the placing family doing the same in a timely manner!

Koren Leggett said...

wahoooo! and yep, I agree... you both look as wonderful as this moment is. :)
big hugs!!!

Lisa said...

Another step closer - congrats!

Aaron and Jennifer said...

Yippee-Praising God with you guys!

Pat Orr said...

I'm so happy...for you...and for me!

Grandma Orr

Room for More said...

You ARE gorgeous! I love those smiles! October will be here before you know it. I got oyur e-mail and will get back with you hopefully tonight. Everything is going okay here, but you know why I am b-u-s-y!

I am sooooo happy for you both!

Room for More said...

You ARE gorgeous! I love those smiles! October will be here before you know it. I got oyur e-mail and will get back with you hopefully tonight. Everything is going okay here, but you know why I am b-u-s-y!

I am sooooo happy for you both!

Anonymous said...

The Nandors are praying and "watching" to see what God will do!! We love you both and are so encouraged by your faithfulness!

Christina said...

So exciting!

Ashley said...

Congrats!!! Praying that the wait goes by SUPER FAST this time! Can't wait to hear more news!

embieadoptmom said...

HOW EXCITING! YIPPEE!

Lj said...

YIPPEE!! So excited for you guys! Your in our thoughts and prayers! Love, Lisa and Jonas

Our journey through weight loss, infertility, embryo adoption, parenthood, world travels and everyday life adventures!

Our Most Popular Posts

La Dolce Vida (Italy, Greece, Croatia, and Turkey 2010)

Elizabeth's Weightloss Journey

Body Fat Loss Goal

Start: 38.7% Body Fat at 207.0 lbs = 80.1 lbs of fat
Goal: 33.0% Body Fat by September 1, 2013
----------------------
Wk1: 38.5% at 204.0 = 78.54 lbs of fat (-1.56 lb)
Wk2: 37.8% at 205.5 = 77.68 lbs of fat (-.86 lb)
Wk3: 36.9% at 203.5 = 75.09 lbs of fat (-2.59 lb)
Wk4: 37.3% at 204.0= 76.09 lbs of fat (+1.00 lb)
Wk5: 37.4% at 201.5 =75.36 lbs of fat (-.73 lb)
Wk 6: 37.1% at 199.5 =74.01 lbs of fat (-1.35 lb)
Vacation
Wk 7: 36.2% at 198.0 = 71.6 lbs of fat
Wk 8: 36.7 at 196.0 = 71.9 lbs of fat
Wk 10: 35.9 at 198 = 71.0 lbs of fat
Took a break for FET#4....
Wk 11: 36.2% at 194.5 = 70.4lbs of fat
Wk 12 (September 1st):

Our Adoption Journey

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

background