Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Two Weeks of Silence - EVEN MORE UPDATES

It has been two weeks since we have heard from Snowflakes and I am getting a little nervous again.  There could be many reasons why we haven't heard from our coordinator in these last two weeks:  maybe our donor family is on vacation and we are waiting on them to approve part of the contract, maybe the coordinator is extra busy these weeks and with a holiday hasn't gotten to sending us our final contract yet, maybe the email that holds our contract got lost in cyberspace!  Who knows. . .well our coordinator knows. . . and I don't want to be a thorn in her side and call her everyday.  With our last experience it is hard not to imagine the worst of the reasons. . . the donor family has changed their mind or my personal favorite, the donor family just doesn't want to deal with this right now (yes should read that with a pinch of sarcasm).  I am praying for an email today so that I don't have to play the what if game in my head anymore.

I'll let you know if I hear anything. . .

 UPDATE JULY 13th

Okay. . . thanks for the advice and encouraging words!  I email our coordinator yesterday and got an email back today.  She hasn't heard from our donor family since June 30th and doesn't know why.  She left them a voicemail this afternoon and hopefully we will know more later this week.  


 UPDATE JULY 14th
Our coordinator emailed again today to tell us that she heard from the donor family.  They want to change our adoption to a completely closed adoption.  We agreed although I was a little sad.  I am still glad that our children will have the choice to know their genetic mom (the egg donor) as she has agreed to meet any future children if they wish it.  I expect the final contract to arrive in my email box any time now.  


 UPDATE JULY 17th
I was surprised to find an email from our coordinator tonight.  She just wanted to let us know that our contract would be ready for signing on Tuesday evening!  Once we sign it with a notary and our donor family does the same the embryos are legally our children!   So by this time next week Dan and I could finally be parents!  Let's pray that all goes smoothly and quickly!

UPDATE JULY 21st
The contract did not come last night (Tuesday night) like it was supposed to.  I'll be checking my inbox every five seconds today and then drive to Riverside to Dan's work to have it notarized on his break and pop it in the mail.  That is if it comes today. . .

. . . and about 5 minutes after I posted today's update THE CONTRACT ARRIVED!!!  Although it had a big mistake in it.  Snowflakes' standard EA contract allows the donor family to terminate the contract after one year and take back any frozen embryos that have not been used.  We asked the donor family to extend that period of time to FIVE years before they can terminate our contract which they agreed to but the coordinator forgot to make the changes in the contract.  She had the changes made and emailed to me in 10 minutes so we will still have our contract notarized today!  Yea!

13 comments:

Jen said...

Sweetie, You are the consumer here... you should contact her as often as you need to for peace of mind- every few days shouldn't be too often... as you may know, I am involved in opening a new EA program, so what I am recommending to you is what I hope others will tell our families- contact as often as possible for peace of mind...

Hope you hear great news soon!!!

Hugs!!!

Jen said...

Megan is so sweet--email or call her! She won't mind and you won't be a burden or bother to her! Just call/email her :) Trust me, I was one of her most frequent callers and she never made me feel like I was bothering her. Two weeks is more than reasonable!

Aaron and Jennifer said...

I agree with Jen and Jen - Contact your coordinator! And, I'll be praying that things progress soon with this contract. :)

Room for More said...

CALL CALL CALL CALL (or have Dan do it!!) ; )

Megan will not mind. She knows all you have been through. e-mail her. She has always been quick to return my e-mails. I tell you what if you do it, I'll do it. I have been wanting to ask if our profile is out to the next family yet... chicken that I am won't e-mail!

I am sure everything is fine. I can't see a possible reason why this time won't go through for you guys.

HUGS! Let us know what you do!

Heather said...

YES!! Definitely call/email Megan. She is fantastic and definitely won't mind you contacting her and calming your fears and worries! I contacted her OFTEN (read WAY more than every two weeks!) when we were waiting, asking for updates and information. :)

Ashley said...

Hope you hear something soon!!!

Lisa said...

Praying that you hear something soon! Keep us posted :)

Christina said...

If you can make it 2 weeks now, the 2 week wait after your transfer will be a breeze! I hope you hear something soon!

Room for More said...

Well, it could be for many reasons that she hasn't heard from them--summer vacations the big one that comes to mind. It is hard when the GPs hold the files so long, but a tthe same time, I can't even imagine what they go through either. This is a huge decision for them. It still is hard for us on the other side though , I know.

I am still VERY hopeful and feel everything will be just fine with this match. I will pray that this couple will call/e-mail Megan VERY soon though. (((hugs)))

Anna Nussio said...

gentle shoulder squeeze as I make my way through your neck of the cyber-woods, love you, friend xoxo

Mary Massie said...

Praying for you friend! Thank you for keeping us updated. I will pray especially hard this week that the donor family responds soon!

Aaron and Jennifer said...

I'm so glad to hear that your contract is on its way - I've been praying for you guys!

Angela said...

How incredibly exciting! I'm so happy for you! Keep in touch and I need to follow you, I just realized! Again, so happy for you!

Our journey through weight loss, infertility, embryo adoption, parenthood, world travels and everyday life adventures!

Our Most Popular Posts

La Dolce Vida (Italy, Greece, Croatia, and Turkey 2010)

Elizabeth's Weightloss Journey

Body Fat Loss Goal

Start: 38.7% Body Fat at 207.0 lbs = 80.1 lbs of fat
Goal: 33.0% Body Fat by September 1, 2013
----------------------
Wk1: 38.5% at 204.0 = 78.54 lbs of fat (-1.56 lb)
Wk2: 37.8% at 205.5 = 77.68 lbs of fat (-.86 lb)
Wk3: 36.9% at 203.5 = 75.09 lbs of fat (-2.59 lb)
Wk4: 37.3% at 204.0= 76.09 lbs of fat (+1.00 lb)
Wk5: 37.4% at 201.5 =75.36 lbs of fat (-.73 lb)
Wk 6: 37.1% at 199.5 =74.01 lbs of fat (-1.35 lb)
Vacation
Wk 7: 36.2% at 198.0 = 71.6 lbs of fat
Wk 8: 36.7 at 196.0 = 71.9 lbs of fat
Wk 10: 35.9 at 198 = 71.0 lbs of fat
Took a break for FET#4....
Wk 11: 36.2% at 194.5 = 70.4lbs of fat
Wk 12 (September 1st):

Our Adoption Journey

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

background