Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Elizabeth the Triathlete!

I've always wanted to do a triathlon and so I have decided to do the Long Beach Sprint Distance Triathlon on September 19th which will probably be just a few weeks before my embryo transfer.  In a sprint distance triathlon you swim 1/2 mile, bike 11 miles, and run 3 miles.  This is a view of the course:
I am hoping to finish in under 1 hour and 45 minutes.  I signed up for the Athena division for women who are 145lbs or heavier.  (I thought it was nice of the race people to give us a dignified name like Athena rather than what they call the heavier men, "Clydesdales".)  It will be interesting trying to keep up my training while in Italy but you can run anywhere and I can bike, run, and weight lift in the gym on our 12-day cruise.  Maybe I will practice my open water swimming in the Mediterranean.  This is the triathlon suit that I just ordered for the race.  It is a bit daring huh?  It will be good though for moving from water to the bike to running. 

On the recommendation of one of my spin instructors who is the strength and conditioning coach at UCR I have recently added a lot more weight lifting to my exercise routine and I am sure it will make a difference.  Dan and I even bought a Bosu ball which I was introduced to by a personal trainer.  It is amazing how many exercises you can do on it.  It is especially good for working on your core which is one of my weaker muscle groups. 

4 comments:

Pat Orr said...

I think you will look great in that suit. You are truly amazing. I was on the eliptical for 20 min and the rower for 15 today. Then some weights and stretching. Keep inspiring me.

Anna Nussio said...

Dude!!!!!!

YOU ARE AN ABSOLUTE INSPIRATION.

Go get 'em, friend! You're going to rock that suit and that race.

(And have a blast in Italy, too!)

Ashley said...

WOW! I'm so impressed! Way to go!

Room for More said...

I thought I commented on this?? I am very excited for you and totally impressed! You will have one healthy & fit body to carry those little babies!

Our journey through weight loss, infertility, embryo adoption, parenthood, world travels and everyday life adventures!

Our Most Popular Posts

La Dolce Vida (Italy, Greece, Croatia, and Turkey 2010)

Elizabeth's Weightloss Journey

Body Fat Loss Goal

Start: 38.7% Body Fat at 207.0 lbs = 80.1 lbs of fat
Goal: 33.0% Body Fat by September 1, 2013
----------------------
Wk1: 38.5% at 204.0 = 78.54 lbs of fat (-1.56 lb)
Wk2: 37.8% at 205.5 = 77.68 lbs of fat (-.86 lb)
Wk3: 36.9% at 203.5 = 75.09 lbs of fat (-2.59 lb)
Wk4: 37.3% at 204.0= 76.09 lbs of fat (+1.00 lb)
Wk5: 37.4% at 201.5 =75.36 lbs of fat (-.73 lb)
Wk 6: 37.1% at 199.5 =74.01 lbs of fat (-1.35 lb)
Vacation
Wk 7: 36.2% at 198.0 = 71.6 lbs of fat
Wk 8: 36.7 at 196.0 = 71.9 lbs of fat
Wk 10: 35.9 at 198 = 71.0 lbs of fat
Took a break for FET#4....
Wk 11: 36.2% at 194.5 = 70.4lbs of fat
Wk 12 (September 1st):

Our Adoption Journey

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

background