So tonight Dan and I got home from dog park with Jersey and "Other Dog" (who we still have) and Dan brought in a present that was sitting on our porch. I saw that the gift bag spelled out "BABY" on the outside and immediately thought, "Oh no! Somebody accidentally left a gift for the wrong family on our porch." Then I read the note inside the bag and saw that it was for US! It was our first baby gift from a very thoughtful neighbor who has been following our story and lifting us up in prayer through our adoption journey. How amazingly fun is that!!! Ginny you rock - and your thoughtfulness absolutely made our day! I can't stop smiling. =)
I want to publicly say thank you to our friends and family (and our blogger friends too) for praying for us and walking with us through this amazing journey. I chose early on to be very open about our adoption plans for many reasons but especially because I knew I didn't want us to go through this alone. Your encouraging words, advice, bible verses, book recommendations, song recommendations, etc. have played an important role in where we are today. I know there may yet be difficulties ahead but I am really glad I have you all to share this with! To God be the glory for blessing us with 4 baby embies and such wonderful family and friends!
Birthday Fun
4 years ago

4 comments:
What an absolutely FABULOUS surprise! I couldn't be more excited for you guys!!!
Also - I so love and admire how you have so willingly shared your journey - the highs & the lows. I can't wait to 'experience' the next steps and know that we love you guys and celebrate with you both!
That's so cool! It is great to have supportive and encouraging friends and family. Glad things are moving along for you guys!
That was so sweet of your neighbor! And how fun-Your first baby gift! :)
I'm so happy for you guys!!!
Hugs!!
Post a Comment