During our pregnancy with Lena we purchased a pocket fetal doppler so we could hear the baby's heartbeat at home when we wanted. Dopplers can usually pick up the heartbeat starting around 10 weeks so yesterday we gave it a try and in about 4 minutes we found our little one's heartbeat! It was so very exciting to hear that sweet "whish,whish,whish" sound. Our doppler was the best $45 investment we've made in awhile! I remember being surprised that when I had my first OB visits that all my doctor would do is:
1) weigh me and take my blood pressure
2) ask my due date (which I thought they were supposed to tell me)
3) ask me if I had any questions
4) find the baby's heartbeat using a fetal doppler
5) feel my belly to check for size
After having ultrasounds every visit with the RE the visits to the OB seemed pretty pointless especially when we had our own doppler at home to hear the heartbeat. I remember my old OB called me "spoiled" since I was an RE patient. What a dodo! I can't wait to see what my visits with Dr. C will be like. She already is giving me an ultrasound at my first appointment (without me asking) which is way more than my old OB did.
Birthday Fun
4 years ago

1 comment:
Elizabeth I can only imagine what it would be like to hear that sound from within you. I remember when my brother and his wife were expecting and they had the same gadget so we could all hear my nieces heartbeat. So excited for you and Dan!
Post a Comment