Friday, January 17, 2014

Good Bye For Now Dr. K! - Ultrasound #3: Released!

Early this week I was surprised to see that I passed some old blood and clots.  It was a little unnerving at first but when I called Dr. K's office to speak with the nurse she confirmed that it was nothing to be concerned about unless the blood was fresh and I had cramping.  I've miscarried before and know how it feels and so I was not overly concerned especially when I kept getting the baby's heartbeat on the doppler all week.  It was still great to see at our ultrasound today that Baby Shack is doing great!  It seems to me that the old blood might have been from a second baby that implanted and then miscarried early which is why my BETA numbers were perhaps so crazy.

Today I am 10 weeks and 5 days pregnant and he/she is measuring at 42.2mm with a heartbeat of 162 bpm and is coming in at 11 weeks and 3 days - just a bit ahead of schedule.  Baby Shack was dancing in the womb today.  Dr. K said that our baby has great rhythm.  The last RE visit is always bittersweet to me.  Dr. K and his staff are second to none and as much as I think I will like my new OB/GYN Dr. K is the best.  I won't miss however driving all the way to his office for my appointments!

I am excited that Baby Shack is doing so great considering our roller coaster of a ride we've been on at the beginning of this FET cycle.  Being released to the OB/GYN is a huge milestone and is making this pregnancy feel much more real.  I am excited to see Baby Shack again on Feb 4th at our first OB ultrasound!

6 comments:

Just T said...

Big milestone indeed. Congrats!

happymomof4 said...

Congrats on "graduating"!!!!!

Melody Lietzau said...

Beyond thrilled for you guys. Can't wait to keep up with this journey friends.

Ashley said...

Woo Hoo! Congrats!

Amy said...

So, so wonderful!! I am so happy for you and your family. :) I know I've said it before, but baby Shack #2 has been such a HUGE encouragement to me, so thank you for keeping us updated in cyber land. :) You have also been an encouragement to me, so I nominated you for a Sunshine Award. My post here (http://sweettooth82.blogspot.com/2014/01/sunshine-award.html) explains it.

Britney said...

still such a miracle considering how this baby started.. beta of 50! wow!

Our journey through weight loss, infertility, embryo adoption, parenthood, world travels and everyday life adventures!

Our Most Popular Posts

La Dolce Vida (Italy, Greece, Croatia, and Turkey 2010)

Elizabeth's Weightloss Journey

Body Fat Loss Goal

Start: 38.7% Body Fat at 207.0 lbs = 80.1 lbs of fat
Goal: 33.0% Body Fat by September 1, 2013
----------------------
Wk1: 38.5% at 204.0 = 78.54 lbs of fat (-1.56 lb)
Wk2: 37.8% at 205.5 = 77.68 lbs of fat (-.86 lb)
Wk3: 36.9% at 203.5 = 75.09 lbs of fat (-2.59 lb)
Wk4: 37.3% at 204.0= 76.09 lbs of fat (+1.00 lb)
Wk5: 37.4% at 201.5 =75.36 lbs of fat (-.73 lb)
Wk 6: 37.1% at 199.5 =74.01 lbs of fat (-1.35 lb)
Vacation
Wk 7: 36.2% at 198.0 = 71.6 lbs of fat
Wk 8: 36.7 at 196.0 = 71.9 lbs of fat
Wk 10: 35.9 at 198 = 71.0 lbs of fat
Took a break for FET#4....
Wk 11: 36.2% at 194.5 = 70.4lbs of fat
Wk 12 (September 1st):

Our Adoption Journey

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

background