Wednesday, October 13, 2010

First PIO . . . AKA Baby Glue

Today I had my regular delestrogen shot plus my first  progesterone shot.  I was super nervous and I am not sure I will ever get used to it.  Good thing Dan is a really, really good shot giver.

Delestrogen - .3cc / 1ml syringe - 2 times per week
In goes the delestrogen!  One shot down one to go!
Progesterone in Oil (PIO) - 2cc / 3ml syringe - every night until the second trimester
All done!  Whew we made it!

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

That makes me queasy just looking at those!!! Good luck!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow. 3 ml is a lot. Way to go Dan! You too Elizabeth! -Kathryn

Ashley said...

At least you only have to do the PIO once a day- we have to do twice!! Good luck!

Britney said...

if you haven't heard of the EMLA numbing creme -- I highly recommend!

happymomof4 said...

I have been using ice to numb the area before hand and that seems to help, I also massage the area after to work the meds in. Still I know it HURTS! I feel for you:)

Aaron and Jennifer said...

Only 4 more days! WooHoo! :)

Elizabeth (and Dan) said...

I actually thought about all the NEDC girls out there who have to do PIOs twice a day. I honestly can't imagine that especially since I leave for work at 6am every morning. The PIOs don't really hurt (yet). For me it is more mental distress than anything. I just breathe deeply and make sure I don't look. =) I am 95% sure I could never give myself a shot so I am super glad Dan is a good husband and is willing to do all of them. =)

Room for More said...

WOW! you are sooooo close! I am glad Dan is there for you! Strange as it sounds...I'm looking forward to my shots b/c that means I am that much closer to our transfer. I am so very excited for you!!
p.s. I posted the totals!

Our journey through weight loss, infertility, embryo adoption, parenthood, world travels and everyday life adventures!

Our Most Popular Posts

La Dolce Vida (Italy, Greece, Croatia, and Turkey 2010)

Elizabeth's Weightloss Journey

Body Fat Loss Goal

Start: 38.7% Body Fat at 207.0 lbs = 80.1 lbs of fat
Goal: 33.0% Body Fat by September 1, 2013
----------------------
Wk1: 38.5% at 204.0 = 78.54 lbs of fat (-1.56 lb)
Wk2: 37.8% at 205.5 = 77.68 lbs of fat (-.86 lb)
Wk3: 36.9% at 203.5 = 75.09 lbs of fat (-2.59 lb)
Wk4: 37.3% at 204.0= 76.09 lbs of fat (+1.00 lb)
Wk5: 37.4% at 201.5 =75.36 lbs of fat (-.73 lb)
Wk 6: 37.1% at 199.5 =74.01 lbs of fat (-1.35 lb)
Vacation
Wk 7: 36.2% at 198.0 = 71.6 lbs of fat
Wk 8: 36.7 at 196.0 = 71.9 lbs of fat
Wk 10: 35.9 at 198 = 71.0 lbs of fat
Took a break for FET#4....
Wk 11: 36.2% at 194.5 = 70.4lbs of fat
Wk 12 (September 1st):

Our Adoption Journey

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

background