Thursday, November 1, 2012

Triggered!

We have been pretty consumed lately with some house projects, getting ready for Lena's birthday bash, and taking care of our little peanut who has been battling a nasty bout with bronchitis for the third time since June.  But.. people!  We are almost to transfer day!  I've been traveling to see Dr. K every week to get my lining ultrasounds and estrogen checks which have all been "perfect".  Last night we added the dreaded PIO injections to trigger my body for the transfer and I am trying to remember all of my injection tricks and tips as I already have bruising from my few weeks of delestrogen injections.  A few weeks ago I was discussing how many embryos to transfer with Dr. K and we agreed on transfering two of the blasts from Lena's group of embryos.  A few minutes after our conversation he said, "Are you sure you just don't want to transfer one?"  I thought in my head, "$3000 a pop?  Yeah... pretty sure!!!"  But I just nodded and said, "I am sure!  I am not afraid of twins!"  We will see what happens and I am excited for Lena that she will have a playmate and a genetic sibling.  Time after time I have found myself wondering if I should guard my heart more.  After all I know from experience that this process can be difficult and does not always result in a healthy pregnancy.  I just feel happy and excited about this transfer and I don't want to taint those feelings with fear.
On Sunday before the transfer we will be leaving Lena with my parents.  (Our first night away from her!)  Then early Monday morning we will be headed to Dr. K's office to get our babies!  I will post details and pictures from our transfer day hopefully soon after. 

8 comments:

kdactyl said...

So excited for your upcoming transfer. Try icing the spot before PIO and then lots of massage after. Good luck. Keep us posted.

Em said...

So exciting! I can't wait to see your journey unfold. We transferred two blasts both times and both times we were pregnant with just one... so I don't blame you. =)

Aaron and Jennifer said...

Yay! I can't wait to hear more :)

Lara said...

I can't belive it is here already! Looking forward to your updates. I think proceeding with joy and hope is a much better approach then letting fear control.

Room for More said...

Oh my goodness! It is time??? What day exactly? I am praying for all of you!

Diane said...

Let the joy and excitement rule the day! Praying for you!

Ashley said...

I've been thinking about you lately...so excited for you! Can't wait to hear all the details. Praying for a successful transfer and healthy baby(s)!

Melody Lietzau said...

So thankful for the privilidge to pray for this next chapter. It has been a joy to watch God unfold such great things this past year. looking forward to witnessing another miracle adoption.

Our journey through weight loss, infertility, embryo adoption, parenthood, world travels and everyday life adventures!

Our Most Popular Posts

La Dolce Vida (Italy, Greece, Croatia, and Turkey 2010)

Elizabeth's Weightloss Journey

Body Fat Loss Goal

Start: 38.7% Body Fat at 207.0 lbs = 80.1 lbs of fat
Goal: 33.0% Body Fat by September 1, 2013
----------------------
Wk1: 38.5% at 204.0 = 78.54 lbs of fat (-1.56 lb)
Wk2: 37.8% at 205.5 = 77.68 lbs of fat (-.86 lb)
Wk3: 36.9% at 203.5 = 75.09 lbs of fat (-2.59 lb)
Wk4: 37.3% at 204.0= 76.09 lbs of fat (+1.00 lb)
Wk5: 37.4% at 201.5 =75.36 lbs of fat (-.73 lb)
Wk 6: 37.1% at 199.5 =74.01 lbs of fat (-1.35 lb)
Vacation
Wk 7: 36.2% at 198.0 = 71.6 lbs of fat
Wk 8: 36.7 at 196.0 = 71.9 lbs of fat
Wk 10: 35.9 at 198 = 71.0 lbs of fat
Took a break for FET#4....
Wk 11: 36.2% at 194.5 = 70.4lbs of fat
Wk 12 (September 1st):

Our Adoption Journey

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

background