Well, Baby Shack #2 and I made it to 40 weeks! I never would have thought that we would make it to August let alone our due date- and likely beyond! I still don't think much has happened to make me think Baby Girl is going to come on her own in the next couple days so we will see what Dr. C says at my 40 week appointment on Tuesday. Dan and I agreed that we would like to go to 41 weeks (if it is safe to do so) before we do a c-section. I have pretty much made my peace with either scenario as I see benefits and drawbacks to both labor and surgery.

These past few days I have been working with Dan at our old house (which was a rental these past six years) doing repairs, clean up, and yesterday I did landscaping all in a mad rush to get the property on the market. I LOVE doing house renovations although I would definitely prefer to do it when I am not 40 weeks pregnant. But since Dr. C told me to stay active and I feel pretty good I went ahead with helping out at the house. I layed 17 bags of bark, planted 8 shrubs, planted a flower bed, dug and realigned landscape borders, planted 1 tree, and planted 7 window boxes and patio planters. That job plus a few runs to Lowe's for supplies took most of the day. Here is a before and after picture of one of the areas of our house I worked on:
 |
| Before the landscape install |
 |
| After the landscape install - better right? |
Last night at 9pm I made a quick run to JC Penny to use some coupons I had saved. I realized just a few days ago that Shack Baby #2 is probably much bigger than Lena when she was born and will not be in preemie clothes at all and only newborns for a very short while. Most of Lena's 0-3 clothes are long sleeved cold weather clothes. We still have a good three months of hot weather before it begins to cool off. So my JC Penny run was to purchase come cute warm weather outfits on clearance. Today I am taking a break from house renovations and staying home with Lena. We are doing some light cleaning, laundry, and re-organizing and I also cleaned out the car.
Here is my last progression of belly shots!
 |
| 6 weeks |
 |
| 16 weeks |
 |
| 21 weeks |
 |
| 30 weeks |
 |
| 36 weeks |
 |
| 40 weeks |
So we are in for a big week! Our house will be on the market, I will turn 38 on Saturday, and Baby Girl will be born! Exciting times!
4 comments:
I'm so impressed! I can't do all those things and I'm not pregnant, let alone 40 weeks pregnant!
I thought you said you didn't work that hard yesterday. Oh well, it IS good to stay active. Excited to meet this little baby girl.
Ditto what Ashley said!
It's so exciting to know that Baby will be here within the week! Looking forward to the announcement!
Ahhh, this wait is killing me!!! Lol. You look awesome and I'm amazed by all the yard work you did at 40 weeks!!!! Maybe baby girl #2 is just wanting to have her very own birth story that is different than her sisters. :) Even though waiting is hard I know that it is nice to soak up a little bit of extra pregnant time after working so hard to get pregnant. Lots of prayers headed your way for a safe and smooth delivery! Can't wait to see pics of the new addition!!
Post a Comment