 |
| "The Belly" with the pink heart rate monitor and the blue contractions monitor. |
Today I went to my first of two monitoring appointments to make sure Baby Girl is handling everything okay. Today's appointment was to check her heart rate for any signs of stress and to monitor my contractions (or lack there of). They put me in a little room with a comfy chair and put the two belly monitors on me and then left me there to relax while the monitors did their work. Baby Girl's heart rate was 140ish for most of the time and she was very relaxed and sleepy while I was there. They wanted to see if she would respond to stimulation so they squished my belly to wake her up and she responded just right by kicking and making her heart rate elevate to the 160s. I didn't have any contractions during my monitoring. I don't think the monitoring session told me anything I didn't already know about Baby Girl or my body. I go back on Friday for the ultrasound part of the monitoring where they will be looking specifically for amniotic fluid levels and any other signs of stress. My best guess? I won't be having this baby until the middle of next week. But who knows..she just might surprise us. I am up for anything.
 |
| Relaxing |
2 comments:
With my last 2 pregnancies I had to have nst's (non stress tests) the last month or so two times a week- such a relaxing time!!!! My girls didn't like the tests and would kick at the monitor it was hard to keep them on the monitor- especially my little red head (should've known).
Checking blog for news!
Good luck!
Post a Comment