Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Short Baby Girl Update

I had my 40 week appointment this morning.  (I am actually 40 weeks and 2 days.)  I didn't gain any weight this week (yea!) and my blood pressure was slightly elevated at 138/80.   I lost my mucus plug yesterday (sorry TMI) so I was hoping for some good progress.  Instead when she checked me I went from 1/2 cm dilated to 1 whole stinkin cm dilated.  My cervix was getting softer.  She recommended waiting until 41 weeks before scheduling a csection.  I have to go in for two ultrasound monitoring sessions this week to check the amniotic fluid, to see if I am contracting at all (I don't feel much of anything.), and to see how Baby Girl is handling the situation.  So I have to go back tomorrow and Friday and if everything is fine at those monitoring appointments I suppose they will schedule me for a 41 week check up with Dr. C next week where a final decision will be made. 

I am feeling a mix of emotions about things.  I am anxious to meet our Baby Girl and I am getting tired of waiting.  I am happy to have a few extra days to rest and finish up a few chores.  I am frustrated to be so ready and have to keep redoing things...like going back to the car wash tomorrow to vacuum and wash the van which is already dirty from when I did it a few weeks ago.  All minor annoyances.  I've waited this long for this miracle baby, what is a few more days and a few more chores?

1 comment:

Lara said...

Loosing your mucus plug is a great sign! Praying for you all. So excited for her arrival!

Our journey through weight loss, infertility, embryo adoption, parenthood, world travels and everyday life adventures!

Our Most Popular Posts

La Dolce Vida (Italy, Greece, Croatia, and Turkey 2010)

Elizabeth's Weightloss Journey

Body Fat Loss Goal

Start: 38.7% Body Fat at 207.0 lbs = 80.1 lbs of fat
Goal: 33.0% Body Fat by September 1, 2013
----------------------
Wk1: 38.5% at 204.0 = 78.54 lbs of fat (-1.56 lb)
Wk2: 37.8% at 205.5 = 77.68 lbs of fat (-.86 lb)
Wk3: 36.9% at 203.5 = 75.09 lbs of fat (-2.59 lb)
Wk4: 37.3% at 204.0= 76.09 lbs of fat (+1.00 lb)
Wk5: 37.4% at 201.5 =75.36 lbs of fat (-.73 lb)
Wk 6: 37.1% at 199.5 =74.01 lbs of fat (-1.35 lb)
Vacation
Wk 7: 36.2% at 198.0 = 71.6 lbs of fat
Wk 8: 36.7 at 196.0 = 71.9 lbs of fat
Wk 10: 35.9 at 198 = 71.0 lbs of fat
Took a break for FET#4....
Wk 11: 36.2% at 194.5 = 70.4lbs of fat
Wk 12 (September 1st):

Our Adoption Journey

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

background