Monday, December 30, 2013

Checking In: One Week Until FET#5 Ultrasound #2

Yesterday I was 8 weeks pregnant.  Many people have been asking how I am feeling lately and the truth is that how I feel changes on a daily basis.  Some days I feel totally normal physically while other days I feel plenty of first trimester symptoms (mostly nausea, exhaustion, and some ligament pulling/stretching).  Just two days ago I was feeling especially worried that our baby isn't going to make it after hearing bad news about three other embryo adoption families who have lost their babies in the last week.  We have had a few first trimester losses before and I would rather not have to endure that kind of loss again.  I hadn't felt any "changes" lately and that was scaring me a little.  I felt tired and a little nauseous but with out the belly stretching it is easy to write off the other symptoms as medically induced.  Then there was yesterday and today...I feel super pregnant.  I feel awful...I LOVE IT!  The morning sickness is getting stronger and I have felt the discomfort in my belly again which is good.  I am usually a person who gets 7 hours of sleep and then I am good but lately I have been getting closer to 9 or 10 hours of sleep and could probably sleep more if Lena would let me.  There is one more week before my next ultrasound (on January 6th).  We are just doing our best to enjoy this pregnancy, stay cautiously optimistic, and pray daily for our little miracle baby to keep fighting and grow, grow, grow!

5 comments:

Diane said...

Grow baby, grow!

Amy said...

Yay for feeling yucky!!! :) Praying that your little one continues to give you reassurances that he/she is still growing away! :) And that God will continue to give you peace and excitement and guard your heart from fear. Looking forward to MANY more baby Shack updates!! :)

Just T said...

I just recently came across your blog and I am still catching up on your journey so far.

Good luck on your u/s and yay for morning sickness. It is so nice to have a little reminder :)

Anonymous said...

I have been looking for an update while we are away. Wonderful news! :)

Britney said...

can't wait to hear more good news next week!

Our journey through weight loss, infertility, embryo adoption, parenthood, world travels and everyday life adventures!

Our Most Popular Posts

La Dolce Vida (Italy, Greece, Croatia, and Turkey 2010)

Elizabeth's Weightloss Journey

Body Fat Loss Goal

Start: 38.7% Body Fat at 207.0 lbs = 80.1 lbs of fat
Goal: 33.0% Body Fat by September 1, 2013
----------------------
Wk1: 38.5% at 204.0 = 78.54 lbs of fat (-1.56 lb)
Wk2: 37.8% at 205.5 = 77.68 lbs of fat (-.86 lb)
Wk3: 36.9% at 203.5 = 75.09 lbs of fat (-2.59 lb)
Wk4: 37.3% at 204.0= 76.09 lbs of fat (+1.00 lb)
Wk5: 37.4% at 201.5 =75.36 lbs of fat (-.73 lb)
Wk 6: 37.1% at 199.5 =74.01 lbs of fat (-1.35 lb)
Vacation
Wk 7: 36.2% at 198.0 = 71.6 lbs of fat
Wk 8: 36.7 at 196.0 = 71.9 lbs of fat
Wk 10: 35.9 at 198 = 71.0 lbs of fat
Took a break for FET#4....
Wk 11: 36.2% at 194.5 = 70.4lbs of fat
Wk 12 (September 1st):

Our Adoption Journey

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

background